News   May 24, 2024
 650     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 336     0 

Immigration App Rejected

Brandon716

Member Bio
Reaction score
Nevermind about the previous message. Got my letter of notification today, my application for permanent residency was denied.

I think you guys will be seeing a lot less of me from now on. I'm giving up on my hideous Canadian dream.

Good luck guys, fuck it all.

Nevermind about the previous message. Got my letter of notification today, my application for permanent residency was denied.

I think you guys will be seeing a lot less of me from now on. I'm giving up on my hideous Canadian dream.

So sorry Brandon, did they say why in the letter?
I thought anyone who had the points with a clean background could get in.

dude, don't give up!!

you deserve to be in the country more than some people that are already in this country. there has got to be some way. we don't want to see less of you. stick around and keep trying. cheer up and get back to your objective!

Even though we've had our differences here Brandon, it's sad to hear about the rejection.

Have you given thought to getting a Work Visa and transitioning to a Permanent Residence status application after a couple of years of working in Canada?

I don't think they'll give you a visa after you make it apparent you're shooting for permanent status... no?

I don't think they'll give you a visa after you make it apparent you're shooting for permanent status... no?

Yeah, that could be an issue - they most definitely don't like to give temp visas until they are certain that you are going to leave.

But, if he could clear that hurdle, then going from a Work Visa (w/ at least two years of work experience in Canada) to a Permanent Resident is much, much easier.

Sorry about your luck Brandon, I think the whole thing is stupid.... we should be moving to full labour mobility between Canada and the US, and Canada and Europe (and eventually more later).

Would you qualify for a TN1 under NAFTA - it would be the quickest for a temp job - not sure how the rejection would alter things (it would in the US).

Also before you give up, I would give an immigration lawyer a call and see about filing an appeal.

I've wanted to move to Canada for 7 years, I've been actively trying since summer of 2004 which is going on 5 years. Everything has been tried at this point, I'm done. Forget any NAFTA rules (it didn't work for me in 2007 when I applied for a work permit), forget everything... Its over.

I can't keep being addicted to something I'll never have, so I doubt i'll ever be in Canada again at this rate.

BTW, if you want to know what is the problem now, its the new rules instituted by the Harper government last year.

If I had 4 years of experience working as a chef or a construction equipment operator for the oil industry, I could get in. Since his goverment has narrowed the experience to 38 categories, I no longer qualify. And neither do the many other well qualified, Canadian loving wannabes in the world.

I have no more energy to commit to this project anymore.

Besides, I have no more money to keep trying.

Its over guys, I was just a little surprised and the initial shock where I started hyperventilating at least only took 30 minutes to get over.

I need to move on, and I will.

Like Hydrogen said, you and I have had our differences on this forum but I wish you all the best in your attempts to come to Canada. It is, after all, your dream and it is sad to close the book on it. That said, I really don't think you should take living in a progressive American city as a consolation prize. I know that the formal laws are more tolerant toward gay people in Canada than in the US, but I think you gain strength and a feeling of belonging through informal ties and communities rather than through laws and policy.

If all the legal methods fail, I would suggest starting up a business that you can manage remotely that allows you the free time to live in Toronto for a couple of months. I have friends here in the US who own a business selling vintage clothes on eBay and it allows them to escape the heat and boredom of Phoenix in the summer to live in Berlin.

Emigrating to Canada-Just how tough is it?

Brandon: It is disheartening to read that tough news but I also want to know just how tough it is to emigrate from the US to Canada?

I guess being literate in English and wanting to contribute to Canadian society in a positive way is just not enough.

What are those trades that would advance you?

I am hoping myself that political changes in the USA under Obama would turn around the animosity between our two Nations that became pronounced under Bush in this decade-things were easier back in the 80s when I took the majority of my Canadian trips.

The way I feel today is that what used to be one of the World's most friendliest borders is not so friendly anymore-and I feel it does NOT have to be that way.

-Comments from Long Island Mike-

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the bad news, Brandon. Your case is a perfect example of how difficult it can be to emigrate to Canada, despite the myth that exists.

Why don't you come as a student and get your permanent residence that way? I know many Americans who did just that.

Back