Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

What was the initial proposed height for this building?

I thought it was much taller and then got reduced.

Funny there is so much debate over the number of stories, when Trump is the last building you would compare by stories instead of height in a unit of measurement (b/c of the high ceilings).

I bet if the mods changed the title to say 56 stories, InTheKnow07 would jump off a bridge.

Once again grey, you have proven to the world that you have difficulty understanding investors.

1) I wish the building was shrinking, not growing. (Supply & Demand)
2) I wish I had put all of my investment money in this project instead of U.S. real estate or U.S. stock market.
3) To get me tempted to jump off a bridge, raising the building to 80 stories would do it. (Giving you something to wish for dude!)

Probably not. If I were in his situation, I suppose I would also go to great lengths to stave off buyer's remorse for as long as possible. I don't envy him.

Some irony there... in most of your posts you come across as though you do.

When you can afford a unit in a building like this I doubt the buyer's remorse affects you for very long. You just go on and buy something else.

Once again grey, you have proven to the world that you have difficulty understanding investors.
Still waiting for you to find that quote where I said this project wouldn't get built.
When you can afford a unit in a building like this I doubt the buyer's remorse affects you for very long. You just go on and buy something else.
You'd think so, but most of his posts indicate massive emotional investment in this project. Make fun of Trump's hair and he'll dig up posts you made in 2007.

What was the initial proposed height for this building?

I thought it was much taller and then got reduced.
It originally looked something like the first image, but now it's probably closer to the first half of the second image:

trumptorontocs5.jpg
comparisonxd3.jpg

Last edited:
The last image looks the nicest, and has the most pleasing proportions to me.

I hope it doesn't get built like the middle rendering. Yuck.

I think they're all pretty much the same ;)
Just different amount of details being put into the renderings.

We're going to get something like the one in the middle.

I think they're all pretty much the same ;)
Just different amount of details being put into the renderings.

Not true. Actually, the first one is very different from the others due to its setbacks.

The second one has different facades, with the "stone" from the base section appearing to go up the entire tower or a different shade of glass at least. It also has an ugly mechanical box atop which ruins the elegance and flow of the design.

The third one is a nice balance.

Maybe ...

Remember these are renderings, and we know how well those play out.

I do agree the first is quite different. Regarding the box at the top you can actually see that on both of them ... Look carefully at the thrid image and you'll see a little gray strip before the spire starts.

I wouldn't judge the final product i.e. the colour of the stone or anything along those lines based on the renderings.
The second and third images are pretty much the same with one set back chopped off and an overall lower height.

Back