Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

I haven't seen a rendering without it, but it just gave the building a cutesy/spunky little touch.

I won't be terribly disappointed without it, but it would've been unique for Toronto and quite tasteful in this context.

indeed, a spire would add a nice accent on the building while also helping it distinguish itself from other towers.

still, you have to ask what it would be for other than aesthetic purposes. would it be a giant antenna?

Aesthetic purposes is the sole point.

if only developers and corporations saw things that way. it's rare to see design come before practicality,especially in this city. i think we're getting there though.

Dude, they're not going to tack a giant communications antenna on top of the Telus Tower. I was merely commenting on the fact that renderings showed a spire when they were released.

Hmm, shades of Prudential in Chicago
OnePrudentialPlaza-005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Exstasie, khristopher et al., the complaining about no photos is not constructive.

I wasn't complaining. I was just surprised there were no photos of the new cladding yet, considering this is one of the most photographed buildings on this site, and someone had posted the new cladding was up.

If you are going to pick on 2 people who commented, you might want to also pick on Urban!ty who also asked if anyone was going to take photos before he went and did it himself...
Or in fact anyone else who spoke about it from post 826 (mine) and forward.

The two of them were just joking around-- I don't think it offended anyone.

Main thing is now we have photos, and people can always TTC down there to see it firsthand.

:)

The two of them were just joking around-- I don't think it offended anyone.

Main thing is now we have photos, and people can always TTC down there to see it firsthand.

:)

Lazy I say! :)

Lazy I say! :)

Be careful...Apparently its against TOS to "insult" people..:rolleyes:

I guess emoticons aren't a good use of sarcasm either. I will be more explicit next time i'm joking around.

PS. you're pretty slacking as well...it took you 5 days to notice my comments. That's not very efficient for being a mod...

Last edited:
exstasie,

I am more concerned about the potential loss of a member that has contibuted an inordinate amount of work here. Clearly one has to be leary of the potential for misconstructing sarcasm to actual criticism.

AoD

Back