Toronto Canoe Landing Park | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex

I agree, Terry Fox is already pretty well known. I would suggest Ishpadinaa Park. It is an Ojibwe word that means "high hill" and is the origin of the word Spadina. It fits in well with the area, the hill in the park, and Toronto's Aboriginal heritage.

Interesting. I'll vote for this one, although being a trick to spell out (and pronounce), it'll gradual be known as Spadina Park to people.

How about Gardiner Park? :)

I would suggest Ishpadinaa Park. It is an Ojibwe word that means "high hill" and is the origin of the word Spadina. It fits in well with the area, the hill in the park, and Toronto's Aboriginal heritage.

Love it. Terrific suggestion.

Ishkabibble Park?

9023919_109019997808.jpg

I think they should name it Coupland Park.....:)

Come to think of it, is there a public space in Toronto named for Colin Vaughan?

There's a whole road named after him.

Originally Posted by lesouris View Post
I agree, Terry Fox is already pretty well known. I would suggest Ishpadinaa Park. It is an Ojibwe word that means "high hill" and is the origin of the word Spadina. It fits in well with the area, the hill in the park, and Toronto's Aboriginal heritage.

lesouris - see if you can find a translation for "high horse" and then we can lobby for a park name that celebrates UT.

I'm guessing it is something like zzzz-padina.

MEL LASTMAN PARK: A place where olympic dreams are squandered, quasi-racist remarks are made, and the army is shipped in to deal with 30cm of snow on the toboggan hill!

It does have some elevation changes in the form of stairs; I'm sure one could go for a rough toboggan ride down them if so inclined.

Hey, just name the existing MLS for his granddaughter Brie. She's named in the dedication stone, after all

Back