Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

Though at the same time, it was the kind of overweening stuff that--like Albany's Empire State Plaza--gave bureaucratic modernism an anti-urban bad name in the 70s. (Another example: the Murrah Building, victim of the Oklahoma bombing.)

That Harlem building makes me think of our own Michner Institute.

MichnerInstitute.jpg

will they be cladding the concrete supports at street level? also, any chance of modifying the balconies?

my mistake. the balcony bottoms are not exposed concrete are they?

my mistake. the balcony bottoms are not exposed concrete are they?

No, they have been painted.
Looking at the rendering, it appears that the support columns will not be exposed. But as can be seen, it's not entirely accurate which is not unusual.

murano-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd expect grey cladding, not unlike the stuff used up the narrower section of the tower.

I'd prefer something darker and shiny though, to cover up those concrete pillars. :)

I think this would be a good spot to put black granite at the base. I would like how that would go with the glass.

However, my bet is what URBAN!TY said, it is likely going to be the same grey cladding.

Who knows, Murano has surprised us in a good way in the past.

Last edited:
yes black granite would be very nice.

what are these buildings donating to the public realm? sidewalks and trees? maybe a sculpture?

i'm guessing the podium and art at burano is that respective tower's contribution.

what are these buildings donating to the public realm? sidewalks and trees? maybe a sculpture?

i'm guessing the podium and art at burano is that respective tower's contribution.

Wide sidewalks and trees are in the forcast here, no sculpture.

The tree glass?

Yes, the glass installation is the public art contribution for this project. Could have been more, but I'm sure those tree glass panels we all love cost a pretty penny.

I am excited about the art contribution across the street. Read the Burano thread for more details on that.

Back