Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Thanks everyone. I must have snapped 40 shots of this area alone but posted only a few. The wide lens was fun to explore and makes the intersection shots look really cool.

I agree, Telus is coming along nicely. What it lacks in height it certainly makes up for in attention-to-detail. My third shot shows how narrow Bremner Blvd is and the set-back for Telus. Overall, this is a sharp looking area and for an invented "neighbourhood" the final product will be something awesome.

3183386488_58021caac0_b.jpg

It's weird. Looking from that angle, the convention center looks like a ship. At first glance I mistook the north and south cuz I thought it was a ship but then notice there's no water there, it's land.

It's weird. Looking from that angle, the convention center looks like a ship. At first glance I mistook the north and south cuz I thought it was a ship but then notice there's no water there, it's land.

Lol, I thought that too, it was like: Who put a canal where the railway tracks are??

walked by here last night. looks pretty, pretty, pretty good.

khris, you'll be happy to know the cladding on the podium has been revealed: long black slabs. kinda similar to the cladding of mlse (def trying to match), but much less reflective, dull i guess.

the new entrance to union station has also undergone some serious construction. looks like theyre using the same cladding and the same glass as the telus tower.

this intersection is going to look sooo different when all the developments have finished. certainly a busy intersection. i imagine the streets and sidewalks changing significantly to cope. simcoe tunnel looks nice too.

walked by here last night. looks pretty, pretty, pretty good.

khris, you'll be happy to know the cladding on the podium has been revealed: long black slabs. kinda similar to the cladding of mlse (def trying to match), but much less reflective, dull i guess.

the new entrance to union station has also undergone some serious construction. looks like theyre using the same cladding and the same glass as the telus tower.

this intersection is going to look sooo different when all the developments have finished. certainly a busy intersection. i imagine the streets and sidewalks changing significantly to cope. simcoe tunnel looks nice too.

Sweet! I figured from the renders it would be a dull black. Look forward to renders. I wonder if anyone will be brave enough to go out today and take photos haha. It's currently -22.

Is the new entrance to Union Station considered part of the Telus Tower or is it owned by Union Station?

I can't quite place who owns what in this instance.

i'm sure the new entrance will be owned by the city. any public space or ttc related things usually are.

what i'm guessing is that the developer is paying for its construction as part of the public space bylaw. other than some trees along simcoe, i'm not sure how much the tower could donate otherwise considering the massive development of the square thanks to mlse.

it makes sense for the telus-related people to construct it though considering the number of employees who will be commuting via ttc/GO. also, it gives a nice continuity of design for the area.

Speaking of Union Station, GTA's infrastructure wish list:

Infrastructure projects for Toronto, as outlined in a report by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities:

- Replacement, expansion of 204 LRT vehicles. Estimated cost $368 million. Estimated number of jobs created 4,201.

- TTC station modernization and accessibility improvements. Cost $29 million, jobs 331.

- Union Station renovations. Cost $75 million, jobs 856.

- Repair work on 9,000 social housing units. Cost $100 million, jobs 1,142.

- Creation of 500 affordable housing units in Regent Park and other sites. Cost $100 million, jobs 1,142.

- Replacement of existing streetcar fleet with new light rail vehicles. Cost $656 million, jobs 7,489.

- Retrofit of subway stations for full accessibility. Cost $150.6 million, jobs 1,719.

I can't imagine that there'll be any ground level retail, as a lot of office towers generally reserve most of the space for their lobbies. Retail will presumably be underneath in Telus's PATH connection, however.

Back