Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Hmmmm why would you challenge such an obvious statement... oh boy.... here we go again.

Basically, wide sidewalks are a must anywhere. And especially on such a tiny street, to make the buildings less overbearing, they are going to be set back a bit more to compensate. Big concept, I know.

Hmmmm why would you challenge such an obvious statement... oh boy.... here we go again.

Basically, wide sidewalks are a must anywhere. And especially on such a tiny street, to make the buildings less overbearing, they are going to be set back a bit more to compensate. Big concept, I know.

I can understand that the density requires wider sidewalks, but I don't understand what the narrow street has to do with it.

I think what he's trying to say is if the sidewalks weren't wide and the streets were narrow, the building would be right up against each other almost. If there are large amounts of people, it would get too crowded.

Some recent shots of Union (Telus) Tower:

3183371026_ef0030e634_b.jpg

3183376960_b75332dd65_b.jpg

3182543791_e9e72aaa18_b.jpg

3182546397_b21eded05f_b.jpg

Bremner Blvd sure is cold:

3183386488_58021caac0_b.jpg

Beautiful shots. Nice to see they are putting the finishing touches on that box thingy (don't know the technical term) surrounding the 2nd and 3rd floors along York St.

Boy, how I wish this was the tallest current office building under construction instead of B/A. Could you imagine Telus at 715 feet? I can, and it's wonderful.

Looking really nice. How many more floors? Looks like about 1-2, by my count...

Walking by today I noticed that every three floors on Telus there's lights pointing upwards in behind the wing walls. Should make for a very cool effect when lit up at night

Woohoo! They've finally started to work more on the podium. Cladding should be coming soon by the looks of it!

Walking by today I noticed that every three floors on Telus there's lights pointing upwards in behind the wing walls. Should make for a very cool effect when lit up at night

Very observant of you.

I checked the pics-- it really will be stunning. Nice to see so much detail going into this building. Height is height. But attention to detail is true beauty ;)

There is rumour that this building now will be 32 stories high? :confused:

Apart from the fact that the City Building permit would need to be reissued I doubt that a builder can suddenly wake up one day when a building is almost topped out and say "lets add two more floors".

Last week when I was there it looked like the rebar on the top columns was bent in a 90 degree angle - meaning, I think, that that the top floor/roof was the next to be poured.

Back