Mississauga Parkside Village Residences | 135.93m | 45s | Amacon | Richmond Architects

Anyone heard any news on this project? There was an article on Friday in the Mississauga News (i.e. an ad) beside an ad for Parkside Village's The Residences and The Grand Residences. I don't remember any important information. But you'd think their website would be somewhat more detailed than just one page. I'm hoping this breaks ground soon, and I want to see more towers released.

well, no hoarding yet, but they brought a construction trailer to the site today...........could be that the rumours of a fall start are true.....;)

I'm assuming they will be building the first two towers together. Any idea on how well they are selling? They claimed the first one was doing well, but I haven't seen any numbers.

The first two towers have sold quickly, and it wouldn't actually surprise me to see a release of the third one on that block shortly. The first two, and maybe even all three, could be built together.

Mississauga city centre!!!!!!!

http://www5.mississauga.ca/agendas/planning/2009/01_12_09/Item02HOZ06008W4.pdf

Amazing Renderings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At grade retail the entire length facing Confederation Parkway.

The 7 storey mixed residential and office building caught me by surprised. The city wanted this intersection to be animated as it will be located across from a future urban square.

Can't wait to see Mississauga City Centre's first "cobblestone finish" road with "pedestrian scaled lantern street light""!

Louroz

nice renderings indeed....anybody know how to capture these off the pdf file?

There always seems to be a lot of cars in the AMACON sales office parking lot, wonder what the status of the first two buildings is....must be difficult timing for them...

It's nice to see the trickle of renderings over the last year few years finally put together. The fact that they're pushing to get the removal of the holding will hopefully mean an early spring start.

Even if this block is the only one that makes it through, I'll be a happy man. To be honest, I'd probably be a bit happier if it was the only block to make it through. Master-planned communities never end up being as pretty as the pictures.

From the PDF:

3136717841_0943e7edc5_o.gif

3137547414_85d2345137_o.gif

3136720561_db4ed6a88f_o.gif

3137548520_541f901039_o.gif

3137549416_4d425ded60_o.gif

What I'd like to know is what that huge building is on the left hand side of the last image. The shadowed building that does not exist.
That area is currently a huge empty field as well. *hmmm*

What I'd like to know is what that huge building is on the left hand side of the last image. The shadowed building that does not exist.
That area is currently a huge empty field as well. *hmmm*

The "shadowed building" is future development, which is why it is shadowed as it is only intended to show some idea of what will be going there. That is the southeastern block of the subdivision, in which the first picture above shows the entire Parkside Village massing. If you read the staff report that Lourez linked to, you would read that it is "Block 7: Southeastern block corner of the subdivision and contemplated to have two towers (maximum heights of 37 storeys and 45 storeys) and podium heights not to exceed 7 storeys with potential grade related retail and commercial uses along the Confederation Parkway and Burnhamthorpe Road West frontages" (page 10).

Back