Toronto Maple Leaf Square | 185.92m | 54s | Lanterra | KPMB

I suppose that will make it easier for a pedestrian to cross York at Lake Shore, but its going to make the huge backup of traffic even worse for the afternoon rush. I wonder is they're doing this now because they assume the upcoming (soon?) opening of Simcoe will take enough traffic to make it feasible.

I notice tonight that they added more steel work to the ACC.

They added a walk way from the extension to the north with a set of stairs at the north end.

Also, the bridge to MLS.

3057310133_b221dfde49_b.jpg

December 7

Looking east at the ACC expansion. They are installing the glass on the right side and Success is almost topped out in the background.
3093142981_e88e1f2330_b.jpg

3093142995_f2b8abae91_b.jpg

The new Path elevated walkway on ACC's west side. Mats will soon be completely entombed. Will that bring the Leafs good luck?
3093143003_c2f1e39759_b.jpg

3093143011_9b028dd3e6_b.jpg

The new Path elevated walkway wrapping around the ACC's northwest corner.
3093143019_90cfd44f1a_b.jpg

From the entrance to the lobby and ticket purchasing area looking southwest with MLS rising in the background.
3093143033_7109ec94b1_b.jpg

Rather cool how the PATH walkway goes through the corner of the building, but otherwise hugs the exterior. It should be fun to walk through when complete, with interesting views of the area.

Wow, I can't wait until towers start touching the Gardiner from either side... I say if we have a barrier to the lake we might as well cultivate it.

nice pic, Scott, from an angle we don't normally see....thx...

It is. TLS's big video board is 30 x 54, the ACC's new one is 50 x 80. Add to that that the ACC's is closer to the ground and not surrounded by other visual distractions and you have the potential for that new screen to become a major landmark.

I don't know if they're going to get the whole tailgate atmosphere going or not, but I do think that the area will be very active on game nights. There's no really good vantage point to see it from, but you can now see the beginnings of the huge sports bar going into MLS. It's on the SE corner of the site, tucked in behind the escalators and the bridge to ACC. It'll be two floors (with a big opening in the middle of the second floor allowing views down to the main area). Between all the new residents, and the office workers who'll just be getting out of work, and the 17,000 coming out to see the games the whole block will be packed (in a good way).

Back