Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

December 9 2008 update

its at street level ~

IMG_2874.jpg

Seems like they're pretty much even. Any guesses on when the podiums will be done? I'm thinking April or May next year.

All depends on if there is any above ground parking. It seems to take longer to do that than regular residential levels.

Uptown has above grade parking however, Crystal Blu is far more likely to have construction halted before the podium is completed. Tough call.

In any case, I'm more interested in which will end up the taller stump

I believe Crystal Blu too in fact have above grade parking in the podium, and like Uptown residential units in the podium levels are limited to the side facing Balmuto Street

Uptown has above grade parking however, Crystal Blu is far more likely to have construction halted before the podium is completed. Tough call.

In any case, I'm more interested in which will end up the taller stump

Why do you say that? Did either have a substantial number of unsold units, or were liable to have buyers pull out?

Interesting how many of Toronto's condos have reached ground level.
There's Crystal Blu, The Uptown, Bedford, Trump , X Condo to name a few I believe.

Interesting how many of Toronto's condos have reached ground level.
There's Crystal Blu, The Uptown, Bedford, Trump , X Condo to name a few I believe.

That being the case, I can only hope they rise a bit before going belly-up; that way we'll have some interesting stumps to look at in the years to come.

Here's a good one: maybe we can use a TARP to cover the stumps. Get it? TARP, as in the bailout money? Ehh, never mind. That's not very good at all.

Back