Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

i heard from a sales agent that they will be releasing additional retail floors soon. as of right now i think the they have only released one floor of the retail podium. I believe they will be including a food court into the floorplan. they currently have some retail space for large restaurants.

Some more restaurants would be great for that area.

I just read the report. They are just planning to close the bike lanes on Gerrard. This seems to make more sense. When I read "traffic" lane on the post, I thought it was one of the motor vehicle lanes.

thanks Ahab ... my bad for not being clear ~ :D

So it really seems this a go for construction.

For 1 Bloor east you found those permits that were under review still, are there similar permits for this building and do we know there status?

So it really seems this a go for construction.

For 1 Bloor east you found those permits that were under review still, are there similar permits for this building and do we know there status?

seems like building permits are not 'on hand' yet ... but it would appear that Aura is further ahead than 1BE (who submitted application in September)

Description: Proposal to construct a 4 sty commercial building with 6 levels of underground parking. (Future location of 75 sty condo). 382, 388, 400 Yonge St.

Application#: 08 196702 SHO 00 PP
Accepted Date: Aug 25, 2008
Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Partial Permit - Shoring

Application#: 08 196702 BLD 00 NB
Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential New Building

Thanks, I tried to look them up - searching for the 444 Yonge address but no "shoring" permits came up, I used the wrong address it seems

seems like building permits are not 'on hand' yet ... but it would appear that Aura is further ahead than 1BE (who submitted application in September)

Description: Proposal to construct a 4 sty commercial building with 6 levels of underground parking. (Future location of 75 sty condo). 382, 388, 400 Yonge St.

out of curiousity, are building proposals available for the public to see? and if so, where might i be able to pull them up from?

It seems that the two biggest and tallest future developments are caught up in the review category.Whats up with that.

The latest development news

WOOT! UT is finally back online!
Just an update on the project. The following was an email that was sent out a while ago to purchasers of CP3 Aura. I will try to upload the pdf file, but here are tidbits of the email:

THE LATEST DEVELOPMENT NEWS
FOR AURA AT COLLEGE PARK OWNERS

In the Spotlight

Bed Bath Beyond's first urban GTA location at AURA
read more

The Rebirth of a Depression Era - Dream
read more

College Park Phase 1 -
People's Choice for City's Best Architecture
read more

College Park 2 Update:

College Park Phase 2 was registered on August 29th 2008. All residents
have now moved in.

AURA STATS:

BY THE NUMBERS

75 storeys

243 meters high

860 suites sold in 8 months

931 suites total

2,000 estimated new residents

40,000+ sq.ft. of estimated amenity space

51,000 sq.ft. of estimated retail shops in the subway level

150,000 sq.ft. of estimated retail shops in the podium level

1,100,000 sq.ft. of residential space in total

0 projects like it in Canada

THE LATEST NEWS FOR AURA OWNERS
WINTER NEWSLETTER 2008

Sales Soar to Record Heights
Canderel Stoneridge would like to thank all purchasers for helping AURA at College Park achieve overwhelming sales success in such a short period

of time.

In just 8 months, AURA has recorded sales of over 860 suites out of a total 931 – that’s 92% of the entire building sold making AURA the fastest selling condominium project in the history of the Greater Toronto Area.

Canada’s tallest condominium will reshape the Toronto skyline once completed. Our construction team has been working diligently to make significant strides to begin construction by next summer.

All site plan and zoning approvals from the City, clearances from the TTC and other utilities are now in place. The building permit application is currently being prepared for submission. Details and agreements related to the subway connection and central parking facility are both in their final stages of completion.

The 2nd floor retail space of 50,000 square feet has been leased by Bed Bath & Beyond, one of North America’s largest home furnishings retailers with over 900 stores across the United States.

Bed Bath & Beyond’s Canadian flagship store at AURA will transform the Yonge and Gerrard Street corner.

There are four other large retailers that will be announced in the next few weeks. With Bed Bath & Beyond, 70% of the total retail podium space will be leased to some of North America’s top brands.

Downtown Shopping Destination
The Retail Shops at AURA will soon become a downtown destination for urban shoppers.

Strategically located at the subway level with approximately 51,000 sq. ft of prime retail space, retailers will significantly benefit from the direct connection to the College Park Subway station and future connection to the PATH system.

Retail shops and food court spaces at the subway level are available for sale. For more information visit www.retailataura.com or call 416.962.8688.

Top Model Award
This year, the Ontario Home Builder’s Association honored AURA with the Award of Distinction for Best Interior Decorating For a Model Suite.

The extraordinary standard finishes offered in AURA's

Executive suites on floors
56-71 and Penthouse suites on floors 72-74 take luxury living to new heights.

A great selection of Executive and Penthouse suites with sweeping views of the city still remain. Tower suites are priced from the $500,000’s and Penthouse suites are priced from $2.1 million.

Presentation Centre
717 Bay Street|Ground Floor, Toronto
Mon-Thurs 12pm -6pm, Fri by appointment only
Sat-Sun & Holidays 12pm-5pm

www.collegeparkcondos.com

Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. All renderings are artist's concept. E.& O.E.

Copyright (C) 2003 Canderel Stoneridge. All Rights Reserved.
http://www.canderelstoneridge.com

The fact that AURA is 92% sold makes me very hopeful about its future status. I think at this point, with credit finally thawing, this building is pretty much guaranteed to go up, unlike some of the other projects, where sales have been stagnating.

Begin construction next summer? I thought hoarding was going up in January. I'll be all wrinkled and hunched over before this thing is done.

All site plan and zoning approvals from the City, clearances from the TTC and other utilities are now in place. The building permit application is currently being prepared for submission. Details and agreements related to the subway connection and central parking facility are both in their final stages of completion.

I don't see why they would need a subway connection agreement if they aren't proposing to actually connect directly to the station. The subway connection is through College Park, and not directly from Aura.

The 2nd floor retail space of 50,000 square feet has been leased by Bed Bath & Beyond, one of North America’s largest home furnishings retailers with over 900 stores across the United States.

There are four other large retailers that will be announced in the next few weeks. With Bed Bath & Beyond, 70% of the total retail podium space will be leased to some of North America’s top brands.

Retail shops and food court spaces at the subway level are available for sale. For more information visit www.retailataura.com or call 416.962.8688.

It's interesting if they are proposing a mix of leasehold and condo retail units. I don't think there are many large scale retail projects, outside of the ethnic-themed malls in the burbs, that follow the condo retail concept.

-

On a side note, I don't know how credible this is, but I was told that the project is being financed by investors in Dubai.

Back