Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

There's a foodcourt down the street at toronto life square dying to get some use

Pay a visit during the day time. I find on weekends it's not as busy as the aforementioned food courts but during the week it's quite busy throughout the day.

How about a food court in the basement. There are lots of daytime workers in the area, and the College Park food court can get pretty busy.

i heard from a sales agent that they will be releasing additional retail floors soon. as of right now i think the they have only released one floor of the retail podium. I believe they will be including a food court into the floorplan. they currently have some retail space for large restaurants.

Update

Amidst the doom + gloom ... here's some positive news

a staff report to Toronto Community Council on November 18 2008 seeks to close off bicycle lanes on Gerrard and sidewalks on Yonge + Gerrard for the next 57 months (from January 2, 2009, to September 30, 2013) abutting the Aura site to accomodate construction of the 75s tower ... that sounds like construction is set to begin VERY soon in 2009 ~ :D its a good sign !

Staff Report: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-17076.pdf

Map showing areas affected: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-17077.pdf

Last edited:
57 months sounds like a long time. Granted it will be a very tall building, but still, that's almost five years.

Amidst the doom + gloom ... here's some positive news

a staff report to Toronto Community Council on November 18 2008 seeks to close off 1 traffic lane on Gerrard and sidewalks on Yonge + Gerrard for the next 57 months (from January 2, 2009, to September 30, 2013) abutting the Aura site to accomodate construction of the 75s tower ... that sounds like construction is set to begin VERY soon in 2009 ~ :D its a good sign !

Staff Report: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-17076.pdf

Map showing areas affected: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-17077.pdf

awesome news. thanks for the update Solaris!

I wonder with the change in the economy they may scrap plans to add the extra 10 floors? Granted by time of the completion the economy should be rebounded, but at the same time, the more new units added now, the smaller the percentage of units sold which may affect their financing agrement.

That's going to create some nasty traffic on Gerrard, which is pretty busy already during rush hour. Also a big nuisance for cyclists as I assume the bike lane is also going to eliminated too.

I guess it's a good thing Dichotomy was banned, or else we'd have another boring rant about how closing a lane on Gerrard spells the end of Toronto as we know it. Nice to see this moving ahead.

That's going to create some nasty traffic on Gerrard, which is pretty busy already during rush hour. Also a big nuisance for cyclists as I assume the bike lane is also going to eliminated too.

That is ALMOST EXACTLY what was said when the City closed lanes on Adelaide west of Sherbourne to accommodate the building of both Rezen and the George Brown extension in 2007/2008 (they reopened recently) but in fact there was very little change to traffic patterns or increased delays. (I admit Adelaide does not have a cycling lane but it is a busy eastbound street in the afternoons.) Traffic seems able to deal with lane closures, which seems to suggest we could actually narrow more streets, either to create wider sidewalks or better, separated, cycle lanes.

That is ALMOST EXACTLY what was said when the City closed lanes on Adelaide west of Sherbourne to accommodate the building of both Rezen and the George Brown extension in 2007/2008 (they reopened recently) but in fact there was very little change to traffic patterns or increased delays. (I admit Adelaide does not have a cycling lane but it is a busy eastbound street in the afternoons.) Traffic seems able to deal with lane closures, which seems to suggest we could actually narrow more streets, either to create wider sidewalks or better, separated, cycle lanes.

i.e., Bloor St renewal :)

Back