Toronto Murano | ?m | 45s | Lanterra | a—A

I walked by yesterday at about 1pm, and I saw about a dozen police cars, an ambulance, lots of spectators, a smashed police car halfway inside the burano scaffolding, and another smashed car against the murano scaffolding.

Anybody know what happened?

A woman driving a TTC supervisor vehicle had a medical emergency while driving and lost control of her vehicle, smashing into a couple of cars before mounting the sidewalk and running into a bike stand. No one was killed but some people were hurt by flying bike parts. Cars mounting the sidewalk is not uncommon, I wouldn't mind seeing the city consider raising the height of the curb. It would also cut down on the number of people who like to park on the sidewalk.

Noticed a healthy dosage of glass on the podium today. Is this something new or have I just not walked by the site in a long time?

Noticed a healthy dosage of glass on the podium today. Is this something new or have I just not walked by the site in a long time?

I don't see a lot of changes with retail glass since the last photos I took on Nov. 3rd, or am I wrong?

& Ed007Toronto's fav. view of Murano from College & University

Off topic, but I hate people like her.

Crazy you should mention that Kristopher (I never even noticed that woman until you flagged it). Five minutes after I took that photo I was at the south-west corner of Bay & Grosvenor walking north with camera in hand to take another couple of photos of Murano, from the north side of the project. The east-west lights on Grosvenor turned red, I stepped off the curb and proceeded to walk and suddenly a cop came out of nowhere on a bike and nailed me for jaywalking. I swear to God it's true. He stated that because I walked on a red signal (which turned green one second after I stepped off the curb) he was giving me a ticket. My temper got the better of me and I gave the fellow a piece of my mind. Surprisingly he backed off, changed his tone and half jokingly said that he was going to give me "half a ticket", then he gave me a pat on the shoulder and told me to have a good day. Very strange.
I won't deny jaywalking on occasion, I do, but I definitely didn't jaywalk when he tried to nail me which is why I freaked.
Sorry, back to our regularly scheduled program....

Last edited:
Crazy you should mention that Kristopher (I never even noticed that woman until you flagged it). Five minutes after I took that photo I was at the south-west corner of Bay & Grosvenor walking north with camera in hand to take another couple of photos of Murano, from the north side of the project. The east-west lights on Grosvenor turned red, I stepped off the curb and proceeded to walk and suddenly a cop came out of nowhere on a bike and nailed me for jaywalking. I swear to God it's true. He stated that because I walked on a red signal (which turned green one second after I stepped off the curb) he was giving me a ticket. My temper got the better of me and I gave it to the guy between the eyes. Surprisingly he backed off, changed his tone and half jokingly said that he was going to give me "half a ticket", then he gave me a pat on the shoulder and told me to have a good day. Very strange.
I won't deny jaywalking on occasion, I do, but I definitely didn't jaywalk when he tried to nail me which is why I freaked.
Sorry, back to our regularly scheduled program....
Well my issue with her is that she's in a turning lane. If a car came along wanting to turn, she'd be in the way.

Anyway, you hit a cop? :O lol

Well my issue with her is that she's in a turning lane. If a car came along wanting to turn, she'd be in the way.

Anyway, you hit a cop? :O lol

Agreed, that's an insane place to cross the street

I re-worded the sentence in question. What I meant to say was I got very angry and fought him on it, verbally. Very poor choice of language there on my part.

Last edited:
Agreed, that's an insane place to cross the street

I re-worded the sentence in question. What I meant to say was I got very angry and fought him on it, verbally. Very poor choice of language there on my part.

Haha I was gonna say... he let you go after you hit him? Would've been your lucky day to be able to get away with that!

Back