News   May 03, 2024
 570     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 364     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 204     0 

EQ1, EQ2, Encore at Equinox (SCC, Monarch, 35 + 30s, G+C)

^ I''l have to get back to you on that one Marcus, I was in a rush to get back home to make myself dinner. I'll pass by again tonight.

T² - what sort of progress has been made at the 'Red' site (if any)?
Thanks for the photos

Is Red on the same site as Equinox? I assume on the right and behind...
9/19
2890558883_54e967fd45_b.jpg

or is it on the left?
2890557945_1958e5f88b_b.jpg

^ Red is going to be in the second pic.

Great update. Thanks! Good to know you have access to the office building to get these perspective shots.

Hello Everyone,

Construction is suppose to commence on the RED condo site sometime next year. I bought a unit one year ago. My occupancy date is December 2010.

October 11 2008 update

EQ2 west elevation
IMG_2385.jpg

EQ1+EQ2 south elevation
IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Some nice podium terracing on EQ2
IMG_2388.jpg

EQ1+EQ2 rising
IMG_2393.jpg

Entrance Courtyard shared by EQ1+EQ2+RED

RED site excavation (3 levels underground parking)

Equinox East peeking through in the background

as much as I hate those pale-aqua coloured spandrel panels, EQ2 doesn't look all that bad IMO, the curved roof at the top certainly added interest to me

Rendering:
EQ2.jpg

I Disagree, they certainly aren’t anything special. But they are an improvement over the previous two buildings.
Now those two are fugly.

Agreed... they definitely haven't aged well in their short life.

Let's hope SCC can step it up and require better designs in the future. Ellipse was a huge leap, but nothing since has quite measured up.

I Disagree, they certainly aren’t anything special. But they are an improvement over the previous two buildings.
Now those two are fugly.

I actually prefer the older Equinox towers to the new one. The two towers stand well enough apart to be appreciated individually, while EQ and Red stand too close to each other- together, they look like one giant, green-glass monster.

I definitely agree with you wylie on the part about the EQ1+EQ2+Red complex being too close (more like jammed) together ~

well yes I understand builder's profit factor, but in this instance Monarch jammed the towers so close together its unreal ... if you compare this to downtown TO projects this site is still really tight ... you've gotta see it in person to be truly amazed

Back