Toronto CrystalBlu Condos | ?m | 36s | Bazis | Burka

I'm surprised anyone doesn't know who the developer is for CB, considering all the hoopla around the Kazakhis.

Maybe I should clarify~
I know that Bazis Internation is the Developer, but who is the actual construction company building CrystalBlu?

For instance, PCL was suppose to be the construction company for 1 Bloor... which company is actually building CrystalBlu?

It's probably mentioned somewhere on this site:

http://www.dcnonl.com/recent/steel

edit: indeed, a quick search of the site got the info!
http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id28533&search_term=crystal blu
June 25, 2008

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Below-grade work moves along at the Crystal Blu condominiums on Balmuto Street in Toronto.

Crystal Blu Construction

The Crystal Blu was designed by R Varacalli Architect Inc. for owner/general contractor Bazis International Inc.

Tucker Hi-Rise is construction manager of the 35 storey, 135 unit project.

Completion is scheduled for January 2010.

Consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural) and The ECE Group Ltd. (mechanical/electrical).

Subtrades include Michael Bros Excavating; Faga Group-Polvian Construction Ltd.; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc; Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel; Res Group Inc; Innocon Inc; Denham Masonry Ltd.; Mayfair Electric Ltd; Primo Mechanical Ltd; Rite-Air Mechanical; and Toro Aluminum Ltd.

Is there another example in Toronto, where 2 point towers are this close to each other! Yup, I agree with one of the writers, hope the residents have some sexy neighbors across the other building!

Both project. Uptown will be out of the ground sooner than CyrstaBlu, considering Blu got stated first.

2812588441_fa627f59f6_b.jpg

That small gap between both project is a lot larger than claim by a few folks. A few meters is more like it in the foundation level a least from this photo.

2813438894_3c362300a5_b.jpg

looks like pretty steady progress on this one...thx for all the updates today, CSW!

Someone on 1BE forum was spreading news that Tucker is not building this and has now been taken over by Bazis themselves... any truth to that?

This has been a Bazis project from the beginning. Bazis is both owner and general contractor. Tucker was shown as "construction manager". Not sure if that is still the case.

Tucker is working on 'X' at Jarvis & Charles. Look at the crane in the above pics and you can see the Bazis flag hanging on it. Normally, the builder would put their name there.

Tucker is working on 'X' at Jarvis & Charles. Look at the crane in the above pics and you can see the Bazis flag hanging on it. Normally, the builder would put their name there.

Not necessarily...I've seen the logo of the developer i.e. CONTEXT, TRIDEL, etc. on cranes in the past.

There appears to be roughly an equal number of construction workers on each site so work is moving ahead with Blu

Back