News   May 08, 2024
 262     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 609     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.3K     3 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demolition should be completed tomorrow (Thursday), there was only a small portion of the old TD bank standing when I was there this afternoon. Still no general contractor sign up. In the thread for 1815 Yonge St. the poster said there was a public meeting for this project on Oct. 7. I don't know why they would have a public meeting this late in the game unless there are changes to the original plan.

Demolition should be completed tomorrow (Thursday), there was only a small portion of the old TD bank standing when I was there this afternoon. Still no general contractor sign up. In the thread for 1815 Yonge St. the poster said there was a public meeting for this project on Oct. 7. I don't know why they would have a public meeting this late in the game unless there are changes to the original plan.

$20 bucks on severe height decrease (due to lack of sales) or severe height increase (due to backroom competition with Aura).

17 September 2008 photo update

Supper hour today:

DSC00532.jpg

There was a good episode today on the reality show "Big City Broker". One of the segments was specifically about the 1 Bloor opening fiasco.
Great segment about how one of Brad Lamb's agent was trying to get hold of a couple of condos for a client. After paying people to stand in line, and putting up with the BS price increase, the agent ended up not getting anything as all units were "sold out". Brad Lamb basically told the agent that he never should have gotten involved in the hype and his clients would be much better off without one. Crazy price increases like that is bad for the realestate market. Pretty good segment. Anyone else catch it?

I suspect the meeting may be to break the news to the public that the project will not be going ahead as planned.

The financing for this building had been arranged through the (now-defunct) Lehman Brothers, and that has fallen apart, with no new financing in sight.

Do they even hold public meetings for hight changes ...

This doesn't look like a good sign : - (

Do they even hold public meetings for hight changes ...

This doesn't look like a good sign : - (

Yes they hold public meetings for height INCREASES not decreases so I would say that this is a GOOD sign. If I recall correctly they do not currently have approval for the 80 stories envisioned so I suspect that this is what the meeting is about. Once they get the approval we can expect a shovel in the ground soon after

The financing for this building had been arranged through the (now-defunct) Lehman Brothers, and that has fallen apart, with no new financing in sight.

lol, pretty funny, I hope no one takes you seriously on that one

I suspect the meeting may be to break the news to the public that the project will not be going ahead as planned.

Cant believe all this new bullshit on the forum.

Yea I won't comment on that ... but these public meetings aren't usally a suprise - maybe someone on the forum with some inside information can give us more information?

actually, there was one of those municipal notices in the toronto star yesterday for a meeting requesting some sort of change for the plan. I don't see that being a cancellation of the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back