News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 487     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahmed, that page hasn't been updated since Jan '08. It says so right there.

PCL doesn't have the greatest record in the world of updating their projects.
Also there hasn't exactly been anything for them to update with.
Pretty sure that if it was not being built by them however, they'd have removed the project from their site.

Maybe the powers that be at Bazis took a good look at the outstanding work PCL did at TLS.

I'm pretty sure PCL only got involved with TLS after another general made a mess of it and got booted off.

And PCL can't really be held to account for the aesthetic of the thing. They get their marching orders from the owner and the architect, and all they do it see the project through to completion by organizing the subtrades and making sure everything is getting built to schedule and spec. In that sense they pretty much did what they were supposed to do

This thread actually used to be interesting. It's now degenerated to a batch of pointless speculation fueled by people who apparently are coming out of nowhere with baseless rumours. I'd like to see something of higher quality.

observer ... I think this thread would be so much higher quality if Bazis will just come out and make an anouncement of some sort (to water down all the rumours)

If the rumours were indeed true, the building is cancelled, then yes Bazis should make some sort of statement. There is no need for them to make an announcement that it's still a go. As for the PCL / ED discussion, a statement should be made regarding a change in construction companies, but they might be waiting until such a change is finalized.

I'll give you guys some inside info. I was looking for another building and somehow came across this post. Anyways, some facts to let you know...

1) Had been told by an undisclosed person with the owner himself in a meeting that the property was for sale. Problems in financing.

2) Had been asked to get a buyer. Had got 2 other builders willing to buy at the absurd amount as there was still profit to be made.

3) Story had changed that he was no longer selling. Bazis himself stated after proposal and price acceptance.

No matter what, there are a few locals willing to pick this up at the hefty price tag he is asking, yet he is indecisive. We're just waiting like yourselves to find out what the next move is as others are hoping to get the property.

That's the short version of the story. As for the PCL rumour, I dont' know. We never bothered asking as the buyers are builders and our main goal is to take this off the current owners hands. We also have a project design currently for a property just north of Yonge and 401. 1 of the 5 properties are currently not closed, so I cannot state the site. It will be a mix of commercial, residential, and possibly medical in one. The design has changed twice now but it is in a pretty good location.

Anyways, if this thing switches hands, i'll let you guys know. All in all, this thing is still going on. For now.

These rumours are geting less and less credible as the the number of insiders increases. How can there be so many "insiders" with so much disparate knowledge of the goings-on of this project, and yet still no solid evidence, whatsoever, of any smoke?

Furthermore, I haven't seen any of these newbie insiders really bother to defend their information, so I gather it's all one person doing the posting. Or has everyone just taken that fact for granted now?

true enough ... all the insider info + rumours are from new UT members ... makes you think ... BUT

I still have my fingers crossed that this project will fail

I'm still with you on this one CGM

I don't think they'll care if they are banned.

I'm just curious why so many people are finding it amusing to post rumours of the project's downfall... either:

A) There is some truth and word is spreading (although I have a number of connections in the industry and haven't heard a thing)
B) It's one person applying for multiple accounts (the mods can verify that)

Why the hostility against newbies who come bearing gossip? If they're trolls, their IPs will register and the mods will boot them. Presumably, existing members of the board will have spilled if they know (unless their scruples about posting inside information get the best of them - which hasn't always been the case lately). A rumour is a rumour, and my day is certainly the richer for them.

I mean, what else are we going to talk about while we wait? Rubble?

Perhaps someone can explain why Bazis would continue to demolish buildings on this site, if it was canceled? Are they doing it for free? Why not stop???

Therefore not canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back