Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

^LOL.

Who said politics isn't intertwined in every part of society. Okay probably no one, but still here's proof.

This project really seems to be moving along. I guess maybe early 2009 to be above ground. I think that is realistic.

Is Trump building a house on sand? Just asking. Enjoy the forum and realize technical details aren't the focus, but this was a major construction event and thought there may be an expert to explain the concrete mix.

So long as there was enough water to complete the chemical reaction that occurs as concrete cures, I wouldn't be worried at all. As water content decreases, compressive strength actually increases. Each truck must also submit a ticket indicating the concrete mix content to the site inspector so that they can verify that the concrete was batched to specification. I personally have rejected trucks in my own field of work, so if anything was wrong the pour would not have proceeded.

There are a whole host of tests that would have been done at the time of concrete delivery, including slump tests to measure the viscosity of the concrete, and air entrainment tests to measure air content. On top of that, a testing agency would have been on site to cast cylinders of the concrete to be tested at specific time intervals to measure the compressive strength as the concrete cures. If something is wrong with the concrete, we'll know in 28 days.

Tell that to the folks at WTC 1 in New York where they found concrete that wasn't up to standards. They had to take it down and start again. Charges have been filed or are pending.

The new building or the former building?

It was not the whole building, just a section of it (50 cubic yards). The concrete must withstand 14,000 pounds per square inch. That section varied from 6,000 to 10,000. They jackhammered it.

Thanks Chuck. I wasn't questioning quality but looking for info on the odd looking concrete mix. You've answered my question.

Back