Toronto 1540 Bloor West | 91.9m | 27s | Trinity Group | IBI Group

New Render

A New render from their website.

Dear Friend of TAS DesignBuild,

Giraffe Condominiums - 1540 Bloor St. WestWe are excited to announce TAS DesignBuild's newest development entitled, "Giraffe" – a New Generation in Bloor West living.

Design that's different. A new vibe that makes a statement about looking good and feeling good – inside and out. A balance of nature and nurture – supported by a nonstop neighbourhood and the beauty of Mother Earth.

Environmentally friendly and a uniquely individual place to call home, Giraffe will be situated just one block from GO Transit, next door to the Dundas West Subway Station and at the intersection of Bloor West and Dundas Street West.

As part of the TAS DesignBuild community, please accept our offer of Priority Viewing at Giraffe Condominiums. Click Here to Register and activate your Priority Viewing access.
www.giraffeliving.com

giraffe_building.jpg

header.jpg

I'm not sure how they keep saying this..."design that is at peace with nature". If it were located right next to High Park then maybe. But there is nothing at that intersection that is natural.

A dramatic tower rising atop a grand podium that will represent a base to the future community. Home to spectacular suites all with either a balcony or terrace. A stylized interplay of intricate design that sets an original symbol of the good life below. The grass is greener here this is design that is at peace with nature. Look up and discover a rooftop garden in the sky the perfect place to go hide and seek. Giraffe makes a statement more than just a building it's a concept in living that's infused with personality, attitude and infinite possibilities to define your own style.

Well it's just a smaller dolled up render as posted earlier on page 2. But the website is now up and running and I wanted to share that.

You're welcome.

Illegal signs on the building

An email from Gord Perks today:

from Councillor Perks <Councillor_Perks@toronto.ca>
to Councillor Perks <Councillor_Perks@toronto.ca>
date Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 12:26 PM
subject 1540 Bloor St West "Giraffe" signage

Good afternoon,

You are receiving this email because you have asked to be put on my mailing list for either the 1540 Bloor St West development, the 1638-1650 Bloor St West development, and/or the Bloor Visioning Sessions.

Some of you have contacted my office about the signage that was installed on the newly erected sales office for the above noted site. I want to first clarify again that no City approvals have been given for this development. A developer can open a sales office at any time, regardless of application status.

Please be advised that at my request, a MLS investigator attended the property on Aug 29, 2008 and observed the 5 large fascia signs covering the exterior windows on the south, east and north elevation. We understand that the owner has made application for a variance, however, no permit has been issued for the signs and the by-law is very clear that a permit must be issued before a sign is displayed.

It is my understanding that a Notice of Violation will be issued today to remove all 5 signs within 19 days.

Thank you,

Gord Perks
City Councillor
Ward 14, Parkdale-High Park

Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West
2nd Floor, Suite A14
Toronto, Ontario M5H 2N2
416-392-7919
councillor_perks@toronto.ca

www.gordperks.ca

"Why? This city and its residents are pathetic at times. The Giraffe advertising brightens up this grim intersection, and I have photos to prove it! "

I will agree with you, Urbandreamer, that this is a dismal corner. There's been more effort expended on the Giraffe sales centre in the past few weeks than there has been on this location in the past 30 years. It’s a pity that they neglected to get the proper approval. I, for one, want that new building to go up. I find it incomprehensible that there would be ANY opposition to it. An open pit would be an improvement.

Back