Toronto 2 St Thomas | 80.46m | 26s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

that's gotta suck living in the remaining university apartments. some of those units now have very little natural light, if any at all, with those windows bricked up.

so I hear The St. Thomas will occupy only the south part of this site (portion abutting Charles Street) while the middle of the block will remain vacant in the interim, which would be developed 'sometime in the future' as a high end rental similar to something like Minto Yorkville

2940742970_71c82bc614_b.jpg

They might as well demolish it all. The integrity of historic houses is significantly lowered when they're not part of a cohesive historic neighbourhood. Right now, the St. Thomas/Charles area is more known for mid and high-rise condo buildings, many of them very tasteful.

And now 63/65 Charles street is in danger too, because the university is considering selling it off.

even if the universtiy sells off 63/65 Charles Street West the building should be safe in my minds, given it seems old + well maintained I 'think' it may be a heritage designated property, in which case any builder would have to somehow preserve the building or at least the facade in a redevelopment scheme (similar 100 Yorkville, Burano, 1 Bedford, etc)

They might as well demolish it all. The integrity of historic houses is significantly lowered when they're not part of a cohesive historic neighbourhood. Right now, the St. Thomas/Charles area is more known for mid and high-rise condo buildings, many of them very tasteful.

I would have thought that would make them more significant since it would be the last remaining examples.

Back