News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 571     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Let's get some photos, peeps!

Here are a couple of outdoor shots from tonight around 1am, I shot down to see how Luminato's Silent Dance turned out.

PICT1469.jpg

PICT1471.jpg

^ Is that unsold ad space above the Panasonic ad? wow... doesn't bode too well for the potential of the intersection or maybe somebody's not doing the best job at selling the space...

There's something appealing about how ugly that architecture is. But imagine a whole city built up like that... soul-crushing...

le Courvousier/Courbousier did exactly that in Chandigargh which also inspired its big brother Brazlia.... entire cities built from scratch from concrete... just add huge tower-in-the park apartment slabs along grand avenues.

I really don't mind the big concrete bunker buildings in downtown Toronto. It really defines that period of growth in the late 60's and 70's when they were built. Can you imagine if the original plan for the Eaton Centre had been completed? Toronto would have had a totally different feel than it does today....

The hole is fill in and waiting the pouring of concrete for the sidewalk finally.

The hole is fill in and waiting the pouring of concrete for the sidewalk finally.

Finally!
The sidewalks on the west side of Yonge from Gerrard down to about Elm Street are also being re-done. Hopefully they continue that work right down to Dundas, the sidewalks are in really rough shape on that side of the street.

There's something appealing about how ugly that architecture is. But imagine a whole city built up like that... soul-crushing...

Oh I would never advocate such a thing, not being a fan of brutalism, but as much as I might not like buildings like that, they are deserving of the same respect as any other architectural fad of the past. Updating them or changing them would be a mistake I think. Besides, it's not like we're swimming in these kinds of structures.

The sidewalk is finish as well the road.

The grating stills has to be install for the air shaft.

There is to be one of the new post to be install for the intersection.

Looks like TTC will relocate the stop this weekend. Now to deal with park cars in this area.

I said last year June would be the completion date for this area and maybe off as TTC is still doing work on the lower level as well the 2 other doors are still to be install to replace the slab doors. Also, rest of the connections.

This maybe months off yet.

Oh, well, TLS is almost done after what?? 14 years??

Back