Toronto Vü Condos | 83.51m | 24s | Aspen Ridge | Hariri Pontarini

The high angle picture is taken from the 16th floor staircase of the Holiday Inn Express across Jarvis Street. The manager of the hotel was so kind to let me go up there.

Thanks for the tip - hopefully some other photographers on here will give it a try.

Looks like Ed is going to have a good view of the progress as well!

Great pics! Thanks.

It doth wring a tear, tho, to see how far we are from the days of the Tazmanian Ballroom and their infamous "Thursday Night 'Rock 'N' Roll Fag Bar". The area's a-up'n'comin'!
That VU site sure is some big hole, I must say.

Another vantage point ...

New%20Picture%20%281%2931.jpg

Udo, are you a paid member of Microsoft's Virtual Earth? I have tried going on there a couple times before and couldnt get it to work... though I remember my computer seemed to be struggling to keep up, maybe I just dont have enoug power to run it.

VÜ Model

Just a reminder about how the VÜ is going to look eventually ...

UDO_0660ps.jpg
UDO_0661ps.jpg

UDO_0663ps.jpg
UDO_0657ps.jpg

^ I haven't seen those pics of the model before. If Vu turns out to be similar as the model, then it will be a very welcome addition to the area and one of the better complexes built in the City in recent years.

I forgot they were going to be using brick for part of the exterior.

Looks good.

Actually I find this quite similar to what's happening in the Distillery. Brick for the podium above which rise glass point towers.

Back