News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 457     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
what were they doing with the crane today? i passed by in the early afternoon and thought they'd finish putting up the rest of the ad, but when i came out at 7 it was still at the same point. anyone know?

Metropolis-Jan19,08(5).jpg

The last thing anyone would ever call me is disgruntled...and I'm perfertly satisfied with the way Yonge Street looks and works. There is absolutely no need to try and change the character of the street into something which it is not, nor will ever be.
Case point: TLS (Metropolis)

Relax, caltrane74, you have a friend. Well, not necessarily about the overall Yonge St. issue, but about TLS.

On a very beautiful and bright winter day (yesterday) I took a walk from my abode to see how things are progressing. Y/D square viewed from across the street (Yonge near Sears) is great. It is surrounded by a variety of buildings, like an urban square should be. I will always feel that this particular intersection, Yonge & Dundas, needs a touch of the tacky to make a point. I don't seek any forgiveness for that! I upbraided an acquaintance who wants to see the entire square surrounded by new structures. I like the mix of new, old, well kept and slightly shabby. That's what a city is all about. Context, as you said.

And no one else has mentioned that the collective TLS signage forms a big T. I sorta like that.

Would I ever love a 3d ad on TLS.

what were they doing with the crane today? i passed by in the early afternoon and thought they'd finish putting up the rest of the ad, but when i came out at 7 it was still at the same point. anyone know?

It appeared to me that they were uninstalling and reinstalling some of the recently-added segments of the big tall centre piece. Maybe they didn't get it right the first time.

It appeared to me that they were uninstalling and reinstalling some of the recently-added segments of the big tall centre piece. Maybe they didn't get it right the first time.

Looks like the sign is complete, they were getting ready to unroll the advertising...that's one big sign.

The last thing anyone would ever call me is disgruntled

i was disgruntled. but that last photo has made me somewhat more gruntled.
the more i see of it coming together the more gruntled i get.

What is happening with the small space directly to the bottom right of the new sign and underneath the Panasonic ad? Also, when will the actual TLS stuff get installed?

P.s. - TLS is looking good in that last photo, thanks for the life-preserver Ed.

Back