News   May 24, 2024
 3.4K     1 
News   May 24, 2024
 774     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 373     0 

Sheppard Line 4 Subway Extension (Proposed)

As I have read all these previous comments, I see as you are framing OnceCity saying he said 'this', he said 'that'. I understand you are a Senior Member, but being here longer doesn't make anyone wiser. Also paraphrases are creating for a reason. They're for responding to multiple statements.
OneCity has beeen a troll on here by a different name which got banned before. He has monopolized multiple threads especially the STC one. I don't feel at all that I am putting words in his mouth. Under OneCity he has reduced his media hate, lefty pinko bike riding late drinking hate, but long time posters know his political correctness is one in part of being banned once and two having won his STC extension he now feels empowered in his opinions.

OneCity has beeen a troll on here by a different name which got banned before. He has monopolized multiple threads especially the STC one. I don't feel at all that I am putting words in his mouth. Under OneCity he has reduced his media hate, lefty pinko bike riding late drinking hate, but long time posters know his political correctness is one in part of being banned once and two having won his STC extension he now feels empowered in his opinions.

Really? Please stop your constant baiting. How this allowed here is way is beyond me. I was suspended long, long ago for stooping to your level when I first joined as I never expected such vile. I apologized and refused to go down to your level of emotional name calling again no matter how much baiting you or a couple other posters are allowed to provoke or antagonize with here. You really don't stop and If defend your further baseless accusations it becomes a complete derailed thread & I become the source Troll which I feel is unfair but I do agree that I become part of the problem so I really don't care to engage like that anymore or accidently give you any justification to your baited false claims. I couldn't imagine if I ever talked like this or attack others here like this. Attack my views on how we integrate transit with substance and your opinions on the topic. Please don't attack me personally or try to purposely throw mud. You have continually made things up or thrown out Political slogans which have zero to do with my beliefs. I have never once disrespected cyclists or used the term PINKO or LATTE SIPPER in any way NOT ONCE. Its more baseless slander and actually Trolling? What I actually say and what your read are clearly two different things. So again why I have to even defend myself to this crap is absurd, beyond absurd. We all have different opinions on transit and Politics, and we should all be able to share without getting attacked, or boxed in with dumbed down political slogans. Be more respectful to other people, all lifestyles and places they live. You are on ignore from me, I can only suggest you use the same feature and hope you don't bully others like this in the future.

FWIW. Not as if you'll read this and unlike the picture you paint of me, I'm actually a pretty big cyclist and although I don't get to ride directly to work any more or everyday. I do ride to GO and to the subway (weather and location permitting) :rolleyes: So this is even more ridiculous.

Last edited:
Call's someone a troll:

OneCity has beeen a troll on here by a different name which got banned before

Admits to trolling:

I don't feel at all that I am putting words in his mouth.

At this point, you're looking about as bad or worse than he is.

By the way, where's those stats on the suburbs being full of whites who fled downtown?

Much more often, OneCity has been a target of trolling by a few of the SSE opponents.

And, he certainly never posted anything negative about bike riders or latte drinkers. Not sure where you've got such an idea.

Trump is in power because white people are sad their white privledge isn't exactly what it used to be.

There are multiple causes of Trump being in power.

One of them is that printing (moderately) negative comments about white people as a group is somehow acceptable, at the times when each and every other demographic group must be spoken about with utmost respect.

Last edited:
The LRT is the better solution on Sheppard. And it's so easy to push LRT if conversion is part of the discussion. Just ridiculous that some will hold fast against it. Oh well, subway extension to Agincourt it is.... Especially if the Tories win.

Conversion to LRT may indeed be necessary to resolve the Sheppard stalemate. However, in such case I hope that they will select something more advanced than the Transit City Sheppard LRT design. The conversion to low-floor is way too expensive, while the resulting line would be continuous but still too slow to serve crosstown trips well. If the can do high floor, wide stop spacing, and better grade separation where feasible, I guess the result will be appealing.

Regarding the other option, keeping the subway as is and extending it to Agincourt, I used to be very much in favor of that. Still don't mind it, but less enthusiastic, after realizing that the bulk of transit riders dislike transfers. (I personally don't mind transfers, they actually make the trips less boring, but that's just me.)

An extension to Agincourt, or even to STC, would still retain a linear transfer, just moving the transfer point further east. Perhaps we should aim at another solution, one that will make an extension east of McCowan and west of Dufferin affordable, even if at the cost of lower capacity and some technical hurdles.

This thread is just scarborough writers posting things and other scarborough people liking them. Someone take a poll of everyone and we will find out how many people support these pet projects.

My statement wasn't directed towards you but I don't know how one can argue for these lines other than based on emotions.

Saying transfers are inconvenient is a fact.

Saying, without evidence,, that the majorityof suburban residents are whites fleeing the downtown core, is emotion driven trolling.

This thread is just scarborough writers posting things and other scarborough people liking them. Someone take a poll of everyone and we will find out how many people support these pet projects.

TIL that a corridor identified by the city and the province for rapid transit is a "pet project".

It's getting laughable now that you call others trolls.

Saying transfers are inconvenient is a fact.

Saying, without evidence,, that the majorityof suburban residents are whites fleeing the downtown core, is emotion driven trolling.
My goodness. You just keep wanting proof for this one statement. Ok lets say for the argument that I am wrong. I apologize.

Now at the same time we must acknowledge that there will always be transfers even linear transfers.

Now that we are done with that can we get realistically answering some questions.

1. How are we going to pay for this (especially in a climate that is anti tax)
2 what will this lines ridership numbers be
3 after paying for the line how much is each rider going to be subsidized
4 considering other lines such as finch west are anticipated to have higher ridership numbers should I expect those lines to be converted to subway as well
5 what is the time frame that this line will be complete or that you are willing to wait for this to be completed. Are you willing to wait until 2050 for instance?
6. Perhaps is there better ways to service the city with less costly projects

I really am looking for legitimate answers to these questions. I don't need a lecture on how politics work. Yes todays world is very different than the past but past behaviour is a good indicator of future behaviour. In other words if these political parties have rarely stepped up in the past it would seem unwise to think that they are going to have a completely different tune going forward.

Back