Toronto Sixty Colborne Condos | 82.29m | 25s | Freed | a—A

IMG_5549.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5549.JPG
    IMG_5549.JPG
    424.5 KB · Views: 509
It's not a bait and switch to offer an expensive feature few would want to buy as an upgrade. In Calgary, for example, parking is almost always included in the purchase price. You pay 40 to 60K more for your unit whether you drive or not. Would you prefer a situation like that where you don't have customizable options?

Parking's completely different. If we're going to talk about things that are unneeded but included in prices, I mean, the list can go on and on for a lot of people. Anyways, why again shouldn't this be included in the price? I've seen similar balconies included as part of a building's design so what's the issue here?

It's not different. It's an upgrade. You don't need it to occupy the unit. I really don't understand why you would want all inclusive over custom options. You're still paying the costs of it if it is part of the building's design.

I wish we were more European on this matter of buying base building and being able to completely customizing our living spaces instead of a limited selection of finishes. I don't know if this has reached Toronto but, in some Canadian markets you only have a choice of two packaged options with cutesy names like dark or light. Think of it. A whole building with two different design options. I've seen more character in a 1970s 905 subdivision.

I don't know if this has reached Toronto but, in some Canadian markets you only have a choice of two packaged options with cutesy names like dark or light. Think of it. A whole building with two different design options.

This is common in Toronto condos. For example, CityPlace.

Thanks. Thought so. Just by all Vancouver developers active in the city.

The limitations of choice at least provide choice. As well, the standards of what counts for 'standard finish and appliances' seems to have gone way up, thereby offering simplicity for the developer in not having hundreds of units all with different upgrades from the junk that was offered in the past. Plus, unless everyone in a building visits all their neighbors in the same units in the building, why would anyone care if someone has the same color scheme of floors and cabinets? Like having the same view. So what?

Plus, unless everyone in a building visits all their neighbors in the same units in the building, why would anyone care if someone has the same color scheme of floors and cabinets? Like having the same view. So what?

This is just sad having experienced it for myself and also experienced the alternative in a more human scaled 30 to 50 unit building. I knew most of my neighbours and saw many of their apartments in that building for the relatively short time I stayed there. I still know most of neighbours and have been in their houses too on my street.

Back