Toronto Royal Ontario Museum | ?m | ?s | Daniel Libeskind

The recent posts here are amusing. I sure had my say a couple of months ago and some people had their noses out of joint with what I had to say then about the result of this project.

Allow me to add that I have returned to the scene of the crime several times since that post, and my horror is justified, I find.

It's the aluminum.

If you are attuned to colours and hues, you'll already know of just how many of those the old building gives off in various types of daylight. And the new part gives off hues of its own, too, along with that blue glass. The new hues don't work at all against the old; the overall effect, at least as far as I am concerned, is "clash clash clash". And the pairing of the elements on the inside are not so hot either. I think it's cliche and amateur, "starchitect" or no.

I still feel there is no integrity in going ahead with the work at all if it couldn't be done in the "competition winning" design. Period.

Oh, and you guys are talking lawsuits and such --- good luck, we're Canadian. But if I could run that architect out of town ....

Ice forming on some of the sections over the sidewalk. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen.

2099825474_471a6bb9d0_o.jpg

Hmmm.. I'm sure innovative architecture doesn't seem so important with a two foot icicle embedded in one's skull. Still I'm willing to risk my life to see that new dino skeleton they found- looking forward to seeing that.

I'm sure the L-tower will have some problems as well, buildings that are of unconventional design often do. That said, Spire has had it's problems as well and it's design is quite conventional.

Ahh, but watch out for the material on those sloping curves of the LTower.

What are ski-jumps made out of these days?

Back