Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Well they are taking their sweet time, lets put it that way

It hasn't really been that long. It's a big, complicated project.

And if you've read the preliminary reports, there were significant servicing challenges outlined which may or may not have yet been satisfactorily resolved.

Well they are taking their sweet time, lets put it that way

How so? Could you explain specifically what steps you would have done differently that would have materially sped up the timetable? How would you have gotten an earlier OMB date? How would you have secured the issuance of permits by now?

If you think this is taking a long time, the Mirvish-Gehry project is about to enter its 6th calendar year without so much as presale. Don't worry. This project is moving at light speed in real estate development terms.

Seriously, the ridiculous ideas and opinions that come out the woodwork every time this thread gets bumped are hilarious and depressingly pathetic at the same time.

I'm not sure correcting the record and tamping down hysterics should really be considered "bashing".

Exactly. Calling people out on their refusal to accept facts isn't bashing. Calling them idiots for doing that would absolutely be. I don't think users who are fanning the flames of conspiracy theories and hysterics about The One are stupid. Not only is that an unfair opinion to hold of people you disagree with, it also gives them an alibi for what can only be pointed and self-conscious fashioning of evidence and facts to suit their own desire to make council and KWT especially look radically anti-development. And no, not falling over themselves to approve this development and having the "nerve" to be insulted with Mizrahi's actions over Stolleries and this development in general does not make anyone "anti-development."

I feel like this one is running out of gas and will soon be cancelled. I don't have any information on this it's just my opinion but the lack of traction this is getting seems suspicious..
You rather weaken your remarks/paranoic suspicions by saying "I don't have any information on this".

I'm not sure correcting the record and tamping down hysterics should really be considered "bashing".
I agree that hysterics can be frustrating, but correcting of the record and rationalizing the situation need not include calling others pathetic. Things get hostile, and I find that more frustrating than the hysterics.

Last edited:
If the Mirvish- Gehry is in it's 6th year with nothing happening. Imagine what's its going to take this building if it ever gets off the ground or 50 Bloor st. west across the street. We're looking at the mid to late 2020s before it's all said and done . The city will probably surpass the 3 million mark by then.

If the Mirvish- Gehry is in it's 6th year with nothing happening. Imagine what's its going to take this building if it ever gets off the ground or 50 Bloor st. west across the street. We're looking at the mid to late 2020s before it's all said and done . The city will probably surpass the 3 million mark by then.

It's not particularly useful to assume that the Mirvish-Gehry timeline is instructive for how this one will progress.

50 Bloor West is an entirely different situation and is not a worthwhile comparison for this project; if you're interested to know what's going on there, head on over and read the last couple days'-worth of updates on that thread.

The melodrama when it comes to stupid talls.

In the simplest terms, Mirvish is under no pressure to build. His family has owned those properties for a long time. Mizrahi has invested a hundred to two hundred million of other people's money to assemble a non income generating dirt patch. He will be replaced if he can't deliver soon on his proposal.

Back