News   May 03, 2024
 319     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 397     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 830     0 

Will Tory face stronger opposition from the Left or a right-wing populist in the next election?

I don't think anyone presently in City Council can challenge John Tory for mayoralty. Everyone credible in City Council has skeletons in their closet, lacks the name recognition, or doesn't have the city-wide connections to pull it off. If someone from council tried to run, they would end up like Karen Stintz is my prediction.

So I feel like Tory's opponent will be an outsider. Jennifer Keesmaat maybe?

I don't think anyone presently in City Council can challenge John Tory for mayoralty. Everyone credible in City Council has skeletons in their closet, lacks the name recognition, or doesn't have the city-wide connections to pull it off. If someone from council tried to run, they would end up like Karen Stintz is my prediction.

Peter Sloly, maybe?

I'd love to see Matt Galloway run, but I doubt he'd be up for it. A battle of the radio hosts.

Keesmaat has denied her interest, and I think she's being honest until I see evidence otherwise.

If a Ford runs for mayor, Tory's victory is basically assurred.

I don't foresee a scenario where Tory is squeezed by Doug on the right and a pro-downtown candidate on the left and losing. People will see Ford's name and park their vote with Tory.

Back