News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 562     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 851     0 

Will Tory face stronger opposition from the Left or a right-wing populist in the next election?

I wonder if Ward 40 will be tired of Norm Kelly by the time he is up for re-election. He will also be up there in age.

On topic, I like Tory for the most part and would consider voting for him again, especially if another Ford was in the race.

I wonder if Andrew Cash could finally break through in north Davenport (Ward 17) and unseat Cesar.

He bombed in the ward 17 part federally and his base is in the south end of Davenport riding. But he may be enough of a powerhouse to take out Palacio.

Of course, with unknown new ward boundaries, organizing in specific wards to unseat specific councillors is tough. My top targets would be Shiner, Palacio, Holland, Grimes, Moeser, Di Giorgio, Crisanti.

Good luck unseating Pasternak, DMW, Nunziata, Jimmy K or Mammo or whatever Ford runs in Ward 2. I'd also love to be rid of Perruzza and De Baeremaeker.

Mike Ford wouldn't be that horrible, Doug is a different story.

And of course, don't discount that a few of these might not even be in a running-again position next time--health issues most obviously w/Moeser, age and fatigue with others. In which case, be wary of "endorsed" candidates benefiting from prior machines (a la Holyday Sr + Jr)

I would hate to see this happen but it wouldn't surprise me if Carmichael ran in a ward somewhere. Has the name recognition as former MP, his daughter is a (terrible) Councillor, and has the endorsement of John Tory himself.

I would hate to see this happen but it wouldn't surprise me if Carmichael ran in a ward somewhere. Has the name recognition as former MP, his daughter is a (terrible) Councillor, and has the endorsement of John Tory himself.

Agreed, his daughter has been invisible all council. In fairness, this is probably the most unimpressive class of rookies to council in a while. In past councils there would be members who would quickly make a mark - Josh Matlow, Gord Perks and Janet Davis come to mind.

In past councils there would be members who would quickly make a mark - Josh Matlow, Gord Perks and Janet Davis come to mind.

Would Joe Cressy count?

Otherwisem the epitome of "quickly making a mark" would amount to...Joe K.

Given Tory's recent hiccups like the Scarborough Subway and his fervent push for budget "efficiencies," I can imagine some on council's left are weighing their options for 2018.

Given Tory's recent hiccups like the Scarborough Subway and his fervent push for budget "efficiencies," I can imagine some on council's left are weighing their options for 2018.
KWT's nonsensical Expo 2025 push is all about putting her mayoral campaign infrastructure in place. Only question is 2018 or 2022.

KWT's nonsensical Expo 2025 push is all about putting her mayoral campaign infrastructure in place. Only question is 2018 or 2022.

According to the discussions on The One thread, KWT has announced that she is not running for another term. Whether that means she reserves the right to make a mayoral run in 2018, I do not know. I would be surprised if she sits out 2018 and is no longer on Council, and then tries to make a political comeback in the mayor's race in 2022 (but stranger things have happened).

On Newstalk 1010 this morning, Doug Ford said John Tory is not looking for "efficiencies" but going for "the gravy train". Doug is ignoring that all the facts that were uncovered that show the Ford administration had the opposite and the current administration has to fix them.

On Newstalk 1010 this morning, Doug Ford said John Tory is not looking for "efficiencies" but going for "the gravy train". Doug is ignoring that all the facts that were uncovered that show the Ford administration had the opposite and the current administration has to fix them.

Actually, Doug was right about one thing. John Tory is indeed going for the gravy train.

Back