Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

To add to what has already been said, I too believe the process has moved the building into the right direction. I am somewhat fearful that the details of this building will resemble ROCP1 and 2 but, for now, I'll hope the developer has learned from its mistakes.

Although I expect to have moved by the time this one is complete, I will enjoy being neighbours to Aura.

As for the height debate, I hope that the developer gets his extra 10 stories. Why? Because I think that giant towers belong on the subway and an extra 10 floors is not too much to ask for a revamp of College Park. Heck, just add some lights and maybe some chlorine and the park will be infinitely better. And from an elevation standpoint, 1BE and Aura will look taller than Trump given that they already start higher than Trump. Creative roof-elements will only enhance this perception.

I'm curious about just how much of the ultra-transparent low iron glass will be used (ala 4 Seasons operahouse). If the entire tower was clad this way, the east exposure would be spectacular... a jewel case, but the west exposure would be a wall of vertical blinds... it would be unbearably hot (even on sunny winter days) so the blinds will stay closed.

Perhaps just the podium...

AURA At College Park Coming Soon To Yonge and Gerrard!
Click here if your email program has trouble displaying this email

Towering 75 storeys high above downtown Toronto
A monument of glass and stone that will alter the skyline
Undoubtedly a masterpiece in modern architecture
AURA At College Park is Canada's Largest Condo Tower

The City of Toronto has given the go ahead for Canderel Stoneridge to build the tallest, all-residential tower in Canada. A press release announced Friday November 16th describes the triumphant yet rigorous process that Canderel Stoneridge underwent to get the City's approval for this iconic building. AURA's announcement immediately created a frenzy amidst the media circuit. The Toronto Star named AURA 'A New Era' and a 'Vertical Village' and City TV says AURA's launch will create fireworks!
AURA will offer residents an elevated living experience like no other. Direct underground access to the College Park subway and shops, 190,000 sq ft of prime retail shopping at the base of the building, a world class recreational facility, exceptional finishes in each residence and out of this world views of Toronto's skyline.

AURA is expected to launch in the Spring of 2008. Stay tuned for details on our upcoming preview sales event!

Tell your family and friends who may be interested in purchasing at AURA to register today at www.collegeparkcondos.com.

AURA will be the biggest condominium launch of 2008!

Sales Centre Opening Soon at 717 Bay Street 416.962.8688

Aura.jpg

MONGO: you forgot one.... the short-lived 60 storey version when I started this thread.

rocp3.jpg

It seems a bit laughable that the planning office (according to Kelly the planner for this site) was "not supportive at all" of the 227 metre/75 storey Aura (the first of the 3 similar designs above) because it was located on Yonge Street and too far from the College subway..... given this sucker is potentially threatening to nudge a 1000 feet, imagine if planning were supportive. ;-)

Not sure I have ever posted this but here's an incomplete interpretation of the (old) elevation that I did up about a year ago.

RoCP3-52.Cassius.Adams.jpg

Here's a scan of the larger rendering of the base they had in The Star this past weekend. Sorry for the bad quality, my scanner is getting pretty old.

aura-base.jpg

That's an angle of the podium I haven't seen before. Just being picky I suppose, but that's not yonge -gerard from what I can tell. The perspective is looking south towards the Elephant & Castle with the Gerard intersection not in view. Personally I think i's the best version for the base despite the lack of stonework. The original podium seemed quite suburban to me.

Got this in my in-box this morning...

aura2.jpg
aura1.jpg

Towering 75 storeys high above downtown Toronto... A monument of glass and stone that will alter the skyline... Undoubtedly a masterpiece in modern architecture... AURA At College Park is Canada's Largest Condo Tower

The City of Toronto has given the go ahead for Canderel Stoneridge to build the tallest, all-residential tower in Canada. A press release announced Friday November 16th describes the triumphant yet rigorous process that Canderel Stoneridge underwent to get the City's approval for this iconic building. AURA's announcement immediately created a frenzy amidst the media circuit. The Toronto Star named AURA 'A New Era' and a 'Vertical Village' and City TV says AURA's launch will create fireworks!

AURA will offer residents an elevated living experience like no other. Direct underground access to the College Park subway and shops, 190,000 sq ft of prime retail shopping at the base of the building, a world class recreational facility, exceptional finishes in each residence and out of this world views of Toronto's skyline.

AURA is expected to launch in the Spring of 2008. Stay tuned for details on our upcoming preview sales event!

Tell your family and friends who may be interested in purchasing at AURA to register today at www.collegeparkcondos.com.

AURA will be the biggest condominium launch of 2008!

Sales Centre Opening Soon at 717 Bay Street 416.962.8688

Oh no, my light is my apartment in the picture posted by syn. :cool:

And yeah, it is presumptuous but not any more so than the countless other hyped-related lines (read: lies) thrown out there by other developers.

I think I read once that the Star of Downtown is the most revolutionany development in the Universe, also at the most renowned corner.

Back