News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Query if they are starting on the Northwest corner of the building so they can get the stone from the facade of the old building out of storage sooner rather than later.

OMG!

Those pictures are amazin'!!!!

thanks for the update.

You can see them in the photo caltrane posted above.

I didn't even notice that when I initially posted the picture.

For me this is the reason why this is the most exciting project happening in Toronto right now. At least until Trump, Bloor East and Aura start taking shape.

^Exactly. I think that steel-framed buildings are simply more interesting to watch rise than concrete buildings. There is more day-to-day change, and the patterns made by the girders are more dramatic.

Bill

The ceiling isn't going to be very high which is strange for the ground level. Perhaps the main entrance to the south will be taller. Thanks for the pictures.

This building is about utility. I don't think there is a massive open lobby (atrium) concept in this tower. If so, like stated in a previous post, it may be on the east side of the tower, if at all..

Only the section that is having the historic facade (unimaginatively) reapplied to the northwest corner of the tower will have lower ground floor ceilings. The rest of the ground floor lobby will have the appropriately high ceiling we've come to expect from these buildings.

jmackay: A learned forumer wrote 2 posts back:

Only the section that is having the historic facade (unimaginatively) reapplied to the northwest corner of the tower will have lower ground floor ceilings. The rest of the ground floor lobby will have the appropriately high ceiling we've come to expect from these buildings.

From November 15, just before the form was raised. I'll try to get pics from this angle once in a while.

BANov3-1.jpg

BANov2-1.jpg

I can't help but notice the roof of the Hudson Bay store, I've never seen that before. Looks like a cool patio area there too.

Back