News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Black Lives Matter Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
vHMZRbG8_normal.png
Mic (@mic)
2016-08-08, 11:02
Here's @Moore_Darnell breaking down the problem with #AllLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/GWr7WAuHG9

Armour...in his denial bubble, he doesn't even realize his assertion that blacks are gaming the welfare system as a solution, rather than getting off welfare as a solution (with their children paying the price) is actually painting them in a worse light than you are (or I should say the statistical evidence does).

He may have called you a racist, but he hasn't shown you that you are a racist. And if you can't show it...then you don't know it.

Just like I'm a racist because I haven't denounced a non-existent white hate group thread.

And that's the kind of next level mental gymnastics you're going to have to get used to when dealing with BLM and their stooges.

I'm not going to debate American welfare politics with you. You have nothing to add on the file.

I don't have to show Armour to be a racist. He does that with every reply, sadly. You, on the other hand, are a much subtler creature. I don't have an opinion on your motivation, except the need to win every argument.

Enjoy the video link.

I'm not going to debate American welfare politics with you. You have nothing to add on the file.

I don't have to show Armour to be a racist. He does that with every reply, sadly. You, on the other hand, are a much subtler creature. I don't have an opinion on your motivation, except the need to win every argument.

Enjoy the video link.
Way to not answer my questions. And, yes, you do need to prove that I am racist. The onus is on the one making the claim. You don't get to just toss around labels without actual evidence to support them. Your own assumptions and opinions about me and my posts aren't proof of racism. Nothing I have said is remotely racist. Blunt? Yes.

Way to not answer my questions. And, yes, you do need to prove that I am racist. The onus is on the one making the claim. You don't get to just toss around labels without actual evidence to support them. Your own assumptions and opinions about me and my posts aren't proof of racism. Nothing I have said is remotely racist. Blunt? Yes.

Armour:

1. You have made copious posts blaming an incredibly heterogeneous and historically discriminated population for its position in the world.

2. You have made at least one outrageous claim about the Jewish diaspora, so blatantly bigoted that Fresh Cut Grass, of all commentators, tried to walk it back for you.

3. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism "Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race." Your 'blunt' comments, targeting a specific class of people, are textbook. I make no assumptions about you. I read your posts.

This is the new world we live in...throw out a bunch of stats without context to demonize an entire racial group. Then act shocked when people call you out on it. Dude, your posts would lead me to believe that you hold some very ignorant and racist views. So I'll say you're somewhere between a racist and highly ignorant. You have every right to feel the way you do...but own it.

"proof of racism"... You're so far gone it isn't even worth it. Either you're not intelligent enough or unwilling to understand the nuances of racism.

I have to question why you are here... You clearly have 0 understanding of black issues are unwilling to learn. You have an axe to grind, I get it. But don't cry when you're called out for it. Own it.

You really want "proof" of the racist crap you've posted? Start from page 4.

Nope. No racism here...

kSVfPggB_normal.jpeg
Carol Leonnig@CarolLeonnig
2 hours ago
Read the "crimes" Baltimore PD tried to prosecute: Black while standing on sidewalk; Black while wearing hoodie.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...artment/?postshare=9161470831962108&tid=ss_tw

"in the last five years BPD has faced multiple lawsuits and more than 60 complaints alleging unlawful strip searches. In one of these incidents — memorialized in a complaint that the Department sustained — officers in BPD’s Eastern District publicly strip-searched a woman following a routine traffic stop for a missing headlight. Officers ordered the woman to exit her vehicle, remove her clothes, and stand on the sidewalk to be searched. The woman asked the male officer in charge, “I really gotta take all my clothes off?” The male officer replied “yeah” and ordered a female officer to strip search the woman. The female officer then put on purple latex gloves, pulled up the woman’s shirt and searched around her bra. Finding no weapons or contraband around the woman’s chest, the officer then pulled down the woman’s underwear and searched her anal cavity. This search again found no evidence of wrongdoing and the officers released the woman without charges. Indeed, the woman received only a repair order for her headlight."

Last edited:
I'm not going to debate American welfare politics with you.

No, I don't suppose you are...after I exposed your theory of whites forcing blacks to game the welfare system and throwing their children under the bus in the process.

I think there is obviously something dysfunctional going on within black family culture in the USA to account for the shocking statistics, but I don't think it's anything quite as heinous as you seem to suggest.

I have to conclude that you must be ignorant of what the term racist means and how to apply it, as his posts clearly state race has nothing to do with it.

As for me, well, when in doubt you could always take Greenleaf's approach...racist by proxy. You know...accuse you of being guilty of obscure crimes you can't defend against...like "white privilege".

And I'm saying BLM is preaching that message by saying that to be white is to be a racist and to be black is to be a victim. BLM fights bigotry, racism and hatred, by using bigotry, racism and hatred...I mean, what could possibly go wrong with that...right??

This is aside from the contingent that is inciting rioting, and the killing of cops & white people.

And there's a little insight into my motivation.

As for yours...judging from what's going on, I assume it's to lose every argument?

Last edited:
Armour:

1. You have made copious posts blaming an incredibly heterogeneous and historically discriminated population for its position in the world.

2. You have made at least one outrageous claim about the Jewish diaspora, so blatantly bigoted that Fresh Cut Grass, of all commentators, tried to walk it back for you.

3. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism "Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race." Your 'blunt' comments, targeting a specific class of people, are textbook. I make no assumptions about you. I read your posts.

1. I'm not denying that blacks have been discriminated against (and still are to an extent), but, again, so have the Jews. What you can't seem to explain is why the latter are far more self sufficient despite facing discrimination for thousands of years, and in more gruesome ways. What did they do to overcome their struggles that black people can't? You're conveniently ignoring this because it demonstrates that it is possible for anyone to prevail. How many generations will it take before we can stop looking for scapegoats for blacks? Will we still be having the same discussions in 200 years?

2. What did I say that was bigoted about Jews?

3. I think that black people are just as competent as any race. Do you honestly think I believe that they are inherently incapable of achieving the same things as whites, Asians, etc.? I never called into question their potential. What I've been asking you is why is it that they are largely reliant on social assistance? Why are they committing more violent crimes than any other group by a wide margin? Why do they also have a higher single motherhood rate than any other race; also by a landslide? And these things have steadily risen since they were granted equal rights in the late 60s. That is the enigma.

They have the same right to education as other groups; the ability to wait until marriage to have children (or at least be in stable relationships). What roadblocks do they face that make it next to impossible for them to be self reliant, successful, productive people to the same degree as others? You keep looking for ways to justify their positions instead of looking for solutions. Ironically, if anyone is racist, it is you for assuming that blacks are helpless without welfare.

This is the new world we live in...throw out a bunch of stats without context to demonize an entire racial group. Then act shocked when people call you out on it. Dude, your posts would lead me to believe that you hold some very ignorant and racist views. So I'll say you're somewhere between a racist and highly ignorant. You have every right to feel the way you do...but own it.

"proof of racism"... You're so far gone it isn't even worth it. Either you're not intelligent enough or unwilling to understand the nuances of racism.

I have to question why you are here... You clearly have 0 understanding of black issues are unwilling to learn. You have an axe to grind, I get it. But don't cry when you're called out for it. Own it.

You really want "proof" of the racist crap you've posted? Start from page 4.

That's a total non answer. If it's not even "worth it" to prove my alleged racism, then why are you commenting at all? I'll "own it" when you can prove it; and that's not going to happen, because there is nothing to prove.

No one is "demonizing an entire racial group." The lack of prefacing statements with: 'not every black person'; 'some black people', or something along those lines, doesn't mean I or freshcutgrass are lumping together all black people.

This is what it is like for you and Riverdale Rink Rat trying to prove claims of racism and bigotry:

72 Percent Of Black Kids Raised By Single Parent, 25% Overall In U.S.

http://newsone.com/1195075/children-single-parents-u-s-american/

By 1980, 15 years after “The Negro Family,” the out-of-wedlock birthrate among blacks had more than doubled, to 56 percent. In the ghetto, that number was considerably higher, as high as 66 percent in New York City. Many experts comforted themselves by pointing out that white mothers were also beginning to forgo marriage, but the truth was that only 9 percent of white births occurred out of wedlock.

And how was the black single-parent family doing? It would be fair to say that it had not been exhibiting the strengths of kinship networks. According to numbers crunched by Moynihan and economist Paul Offner, of the black children born between 1967 and 1969, 72 percent received Aid to Families with Dependent Children before the age of 18. School dropout rates, delinquency, and crime, among the other dysfunctions that Moynihan had warned about, were rising in the cities. In short, the 15 years since the report was written had witnessed both the birth of millions of fatherless babies and the entrenchment of an underclass.

Here's some context for you: http://www.city-journal.org/html/black-family-40-years-lies-12872.html[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
No, I don't suppose you are...after I exposed your theory of whites forcing blacks to game the welfare system and throwing their children under the bus in the process.

I think there is obviously something dysfunctional going on within black family culture in the USA to account for the shocking statistics, but I don't think it's anything quite as heinous as you seem to suggest.

I don't have a theory about 'whites', FCG. There's a long series of articles and research reports -- yes, from sociologists that we can both assume are left-leaning or at least progressive -- that the changes in the way the US Feds (i.e. the government) funded welfare changed the culture of the recipients. And, yes, in the US a high proportion of welfare recipients are black. However, you'll note that this crisis is starting to be recognized in the white underclass as well:

"... That flattering glow has faded away. Today, less privileged white Americans are considered to be in crisis, and the language of sociologists and pathologists predominates. Charles Murray’s Coming Apart: The State of White America, 1960–2010 was published in 2012, and Robert D. Putnam’s Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis came out last year. From opposite ends of the ideological spectrum, they made the case that social breakdown among low-income whites was starting to mimic trends that had begun decades earlier among African Americans: Rates of out-of-wedlock births and male joblessness were rising sharply. Then came the stories about a surge in opiate addiction among white Americans, alongside shocking reports of rising mortality rates (including by suicide) among middle-aged whites. ..."

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/09/the-original-underclass/492731/

[my highlight] Note that, all of a sudden, it's not a 'black cultural' problem -- it's a despair of poverty problem. My conclusion is: it was never a black cultural problem. Yours, and Armour's I'm sure, is that our good, white God-fearing culture is being assaulted by hip-hop. Right? And that's a bigot looking to re-assign blame.

I have to conclude that you must be ignorant of what the term racist means and how to apply it, as his posts clearly state race has nothing to do with it.

I just quoted the dictionary definition of racist. I know exactly what it means and how to apply it.

As for me, well, when in doubt you could always take Greenleaf's approach...racist by proxy. You know...accuse you of being guilty of obscure crimes you can't defend against...like "white privilege".

And I'm saying BLM is preaching that message by saying that to be white is to be a racist and to be black is to be a victim. BLM fights bigotry, racism and hatred, by using bigotry, racism and hatred...I mean, what could possibly go wrong with that...right??

This is aside from the contingent that is inciting rioting, and the killing of cops & white people.

And there's a little insight into my motivation.

As for yours...judging from what's going on, I assume it's to lose every argument?

Hahahaha... only in your head are you winning this argument. Seriously, BLM is an activist group that feels it needs to be in peoples' face. They got in your face, and you're mad. But, mark my words, due to Desmond Cole, and Andre Domise, and, yes, Black Lives Matter, we're finally going to see the end of carding in Toronto in the next year or two. And that'll be a good thing.

ETA: About the 'winning the argument' thing: it does make me laugh to envision you each time you push back from the keyboard: "There! There! That's the correct series of 'bon mots' that will finally make these ignoramuses understand the power and clarity of my arguments!"

Last edited:
1. I'm not denying that blacks have been discriminated against (and still are to an extent), but, again, so have the Jews. What you can't seem to explain is why the latter are far more self sufficient despite facing discrimination for thousands of years, and in more gruesome ways. What did they do to overcome their struggles that black people can't? You're conveniently ignoring this because it demonstrates that it is possible for anyone to prevail. How many generations will it take before we can stop looking for scapegoats for blacks? Will we still be having the same discussions in 200 years?

2. What did I say that was bigoted about Jews?

3. I think that black people are just as competent as any race. Do you honestly think I believe that they are inherently incapable of achieving the same things as whites, Asians, etc.? I never called into question their potential. What I've been asking you is why is it that they are largely reliant on social assistance? Why are they committing more violent crimes than any other group by a wide margin? Why do they also have a higher single motherhood rate than any other race; also by a landslide? And these things have steadily risen since they were granted equal rights in the late 60s. That is the enigma.

They have the same right to education as other groups; the ability to wait until marriage to have children (or at least be in stable relationships). What roadblocks do they face that make it next to impossible for them to be self reliant, successful, productive people to the same degree as others? You keep looking for ways to justify their positions instead of looking for solutions. Ironically, if anyone is racist, it is you for assuming that blacks are helpless without welfare.

That's a total non answer. If it's not even "worth it" to prove my alleged racism, then why are you commenting at all? I'll "own it" when you can prove it; and that's not going to happen, because there is nothing to prove.

No one is "demonizing an entire racial group." The lack of prefacing statements with: 'not every black person'; 'some black people', or something along those lines, doesn't mean I or freshcutgrass are lumping together all black people.

This is what it is like for you and Riverdale Rink Rat trying to prove claims of racism and bigotry:

72 Percent Of Black Kids Raised By Single Parent, 25% Overall In U.S.

http://newsone.com/1195075/children-single-parents-u-s-american/

By 1980, 15 years after “The Negro Family,” the out-of-wedlock birthrate among blacks had more than doubled, to 56 percent. In the ghetto, that number was considerably higher, as high as 66 percent in New York City. Many experts comforted themselves by pointing out that white mothers were also beginning to forgo marriage, but the truth was that only 9 percent of white births occurred out of wedlock.

And how was the black single-parent family doing? It would be fair to say that it had not been exhibiting the strengths of kinship networks. According to numbers crunched by Moynihan and economist Paul Offner, of the black children born between 1967 and 1969, 72 percent received Aid to Families with Dependent Children before the age of 18. School dropout rates, delinquency, and crime, among the other dysfunctions that Moynihan had warned about, were rising in the cities. In short, the 15 years since the report was written had witnessed both the birth of millions of fatherless babies and the entrenchment of an underclass.

Here's some context for you: http://www.city-journal.org/html/black-family-40-years-lies-12872.html

How this has anything to do with racial oppression is beyond me. Please Armour, please explain to me how any of this validates racial oppression? Once you can respond to that maybe I'll respond to your "data".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back