News   May 17, 2024
 437     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 348     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 4.2K     5 

wonderboy905 to become wonderboy416...

I'm in my 20's too.

A simple G6 bumper collision will end up costing you more than $4000 (US).

insurancenewsnet.com/article.asp?
a=top_pc&neID=200703021180.3.133_92fa001e3f864c70

This review from Edmunds sums it up nicely:

And at nearly $28,000, including $4,000 worth of options, the 2005 Pontiac G6 GT is priced near the top of the competition. Pontiac may be taking a huge step toward the future with the G6, but up against the Accord and Camry, which are better all-around packages with a solid reputation for reliability, the G6 GT reigns less a beauty queen and more the girl with the nice personality.

www.edmunds.com/insidelin...eId=104376

And at nearly $28,000, including $4,000 worth of options, the 2005 Pontiac G6 GT is priced near the top of the competition. Pontiac may be taking a huge step toward the future with the G6, but up against the Accord and Camry, which are better all-around packages with a solid reputation for reliability, the G6 GT reigns less a beauty queen and more the girl with the nice personality.

Thanks for bringing up the car in my moving downtown thread lol...

You can't compare price, I got close to $5800 off mine, in otherwords, I pay to lease a loaded, mid-size car with a great V6 (fuel efficient but still plenty of power) for what one would pay for a civic... You can't get those deals from Toyota or Honda.

In any event, I have to go secure my parking permit on Monday. I have a letter from the landlord and have made copies of my license and ownership and filled out the application, anyone have any experience with this?

I admit it, I just couldn't resist. I have to get my monthly fix of arguing about cars with you.

Cheers

:rollin

Future Mayor: Are you serious? You're bailing out of Mississauga?

Loved Melbourne, I met with some people about possible 6 - 12 month job opportunities. Canadian Consulate in Sydney has a one year communications position that is perfect for me. However, Sydney while iconic is really trashy and expensive and all my friends are in Melbourne. Not going to bail on Mississauga, if anything I'm going to twin the two cities. I've taught everyone how to pronouce Mississauga here...lol

FM: Are you going to be the future mayor of Melbourne too? Are you taking over all the 'M' cities first in your campaign for world domination? And ... is he cute?

hehe, yeah that is the plan, got Miami and Manchester crossed off and Madrid is next!... And he is a hottie in my books...lol

Future: congrats on the Melbourne move. I have a friend who lives there and loves it. It's more hip than Sydney I hear. But-err..I'm sure it's no TO.

Yeah Bogtrotter, I would have to agree that Melbourne is more hip than Sydney. They have these awesome laneways everywhere and they have this street cafe culture that I absolutely love. A lot less chain stores, great restaurants and endless cultural venues. Also both Sydney and Melbourne blows Toronto out of the water in terms of gay clubs.

Louroz

I was in Las Vegas last week and I rented a car from Alamo and they gave me a G6.

I was in Halifax in 2003. I reserved a subcompact, National gave me a Buick Century (named so because it is the choice of today's hip centgenarians). A 22 year old driving a Century - fun times.

The car was really comfy though (loaded with features and lots of legroom), but hardly fun to drive.

Rented a Dodge Calibre in New Mexico. It was Thrifty's idea of an "economy" car. What a joke. A truly awful vehicle with crap visibility.

Avoid!

Even as a rental.

Time to return to the *original* 905 to 416 thread lol..

By Monday night I will officially be a Toronto resident, woohoo.

I know, this post was so pointless...:hat :hat :hat

Funny, I become a 416er on April first as well...no fools! :)

wow talk about bringing up a dead thread.. but hey it's about me I'm allowed.

Things have been too crazy for me to have the time to get into being a forum regular lately, I think losing the post count and member since data from the old board has made things here slightly less interesting for me...

My transition into being a true 416'er and downtownite is nearing completion. I found a job at Yonge/Finch in the Xerox towers directly above Finch station and have been working there the past few months. Just jumping into the elevator anytime I want and having access to a Timothy's, Starbucks and Tim Hortons is truly a luxury lol... I've somehow become a coffee drinker, I blame Timothy's ultra-easy setup and fantastic choice of rotating coffee's for this.

Anyway, I just got confirmation that my lease takeover has been approved and will be handing off my car to someone early next week. The extra savings is going to go towards a condo which I plan to buy in June. I have hardly driven the car in the past few months and I am actually really excited about NOT having a vehicle, I really don't have much use for one and that extra money makes a huge difference in purchasing a place, and no parking spot makes it even cheaper.

Oh well, that's the update on my pathetic life for you all... I'm still loving being downtown and hopefully I'll start poking around the rest of UT again like I used to soon :D

That's great. Thanks for keeping us updated. Although most of the forumers here love downtown, we're not under the illusion that it's for everyone so it's good to see that you're enjoying it. What a journey of discovery you seem to have been on while being a member of UT!

I would love to ditch my car, however I have a few more years left on the lease. In the last 3 months, I have done a complete 180 on that one. I'm getting tired of paying for a car that I really only use for work. All of my trip destinations can easily be modified to be subway friendly. And even if I end up paying 100 bucks on zipcar in a bad month, I still come out way ahead.

Back