Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

Roof won't do much with the wind coming from behind them. Does the plan call for putting a wall behind the south stand?

I would doubt it because that's where the temporary seating for special events such as the Grey Cup and outdoor hockey game.

Taking today during TFC season opener party
IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_0243.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
View attachment 69189

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,477
  • IMG_0243.JPG
    IMG_0243.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1,467
  • IMG_0249.JPG
    IMG_0249.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,418
Last edited:
If the NHL Centennial Classic were held at the Rogers Centre, then it would have held the distinction of being the only stadium in North America to hold regular season games for all of the top six professional North American sports leagues throughout the stadium's history.

According to several news sources the 2017 Centennial Classic is indeed being played at BMO Field. I think that this facility will make for a more intimate game than the awkward baseball configurations of the past or the overwhelming vastness of American football stadiums. Can't wait for tickets to go on sale!

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/0...red-wings-in-2017-winter-classic-at-bmo-field
Agreed. The outdoor games at BMO and at Investors Field in Winnipeg will be great venues due to their smaller size and capacity. None of this far-back binocular experiences.

On another note, I will be looking forward to seeing the north and 2nd level south temporary stands be put in place, only if it is just for a mere week. The full wrap-around effect at BMO will be quite the site.

Toronto is going to be buzzing in the last week of December and into January. We will have more than likely a Canada-USA hockey game for the World Juniors at the ACC on New Years Eve, and this outdoor game not even 24 hours later (my speculation). Man my wallet is going to feel light for those days.

^I hope that whatever they do they end up just leaving the south end temp seats in place (maybe tarp them off with a big BMO logo or a TFC logo or something).....I love this stadium and really like, for the most part, the renos....but i think the way they have put a canopy on south end makes that part look a bit goofy and , practically, will offer very little weather protection for the fans there (unless rain starts coming straight down and there is no wind).....the renderings with the temp seats in makes it look much better and it would seem to offer a bit more protection.

I understand that for patio and stage purposes they want to leave the north open and a flat piece of concrete for general use....but the south looks much better with two layers of seating.

If the NHL Centennial Classic were held at the Rogers Centre, then it would have held the distinction of being the only stadium in North America to hold regular season games for all of the top six professional North American sports leagues throughout the stadium's history.

NFL - Bills
MLB - Jays
NHL - if it did happen - Leafs
NBA - Raptors
CFL - Argos

What's the 6th? MLS?? TFC have never played a regular season MLS game there - they've played friendlies and a CONCACAF Champions League yes - but never an MLS game

Back