Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Now you've done it. Someone is sure to deface it!

Just kidding. It'll happen anyway. Certain folks take this sort of thing as a challenge. You know, be the first to tag it.

You mean like this? :rolleyes:
IMG_5097.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5097.JPG
    IMG_5097.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,286
Not sure if this was posted here, but according to the city's Building Application Status from Dec 18, 2015:

Building Application Status
clear.gif

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Examiner's Notice Sent

TORONTO ON M4W 1A3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 260226 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Dec 3, 2015

Project: Other Shoring

Description: Proposal for stand-alone shoring

BA Zoning Review Dec 8, 2015 Notice Sent
Zone 3 Tamondong, Ray Contact Info
BA Code Review Pt3 Dec 18, 2015 Notice Sent
Code 3 Krsmanovic, Gordana Contact Info
BA Fire Review Pt3 Dec 3, 2015 Cancelled

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When clicked on the "Contact Info" links, Permit# 15 260226 BLD 00 BA is referenced, so I'm assuming the shoring application has been approved, and judging by the hoarding looks like it's imminent.

Well, there are trees in the renderings. Baffles me why you would type that without checking the renderings first.

The hoarding suggests a forest instead of the three trees along Yonge street and no trees on Bloor street.

I suppose if you are on a step ladder in front of the three trees on Yonge St., you might see only trees.
Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it.

^ this.

Excellent marketing choice to tap into people's natural draw towards greenery and beauty of nature in the dull grey of winter.

Although if the 4 storey high living wall becomes a reality, that would be okay too.

Looks like excavation will begin April-June. Mizrahi said they will be performing a top-down construction dig, a method not yet used in Canada. I believe he mentioned that all retail floors have been leased, and we will know the brands in the coming weeks. As to my comment about Apple, while he couldn't legally tell me, he did smile and said keep checking soon.

Top-down construction would certainly save time, but also sounds like it would be more expensive to do (otherwise everybody would use it). Mizrahi must truly be in a hurry to get this project rising.

Back