News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 433     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Crazy to think that this time next year, construction will have already began for the on-street portion in Scarborough.

December 2015 is two years from now ;)

But station construction will begin at Eglinton West, Eglinton Yonge and the remaining underground stations in April/Map. Only 4 months away.

So as expected most of the following years will be station construction.

Should be exciting to see the stations being built from street level. Seems like many of the stores at future station locations are now closed (ex. Laird).

One question, where is the second entrance for the Dufferin or I believe they are now calling it Fairbank, is it by where the Shoppers is now or is it across the street? All this time I believed that's where it would be but today I drove by the location and I saw some of the stores across the street from the Shoppers are now closed with posters saying this is the future home of the station.

One question, where is the second entrance for the Dufferin or I believe they are now calling it Fairbank, is it by where the Shoppers is now or is it across the street? All this time I believed that's where it would be but today I drove by the location and I saw some of the stores across the street from the Shoppers are now closed with posters saying this is the future home of the station.

By the Shoppers on the north-west corner. They're closing the dedicated right turn and putting an entrance there http://urbantoronto.ca/database/projects/dufferin-crosstown-station

The main entrance will be on the south-east corner where a gas station previously was.

My understanding was that the shops across the street were going to be the service buildings (fans, etc.), and that the 2nd entrance was going to be where the current dedicated right turn lane is on southbound Dufferin.

So lets see, driving south on Dufferin no left hand turn onto Eglinton to go east and now driving south on Dufferin no right hand turn onto Eglinton to go west.

I think you'll still be able to turn right, it just won't have a dedicated turning channel. Doesn't look like the sight-lines are that bad for a turn here. The area is a real pain though with the mixture of one-way streets and turning restrictions everywhere.

Western TBM update:

Attachments

• crosstownDec2.jpg
    crosstownDec2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 217
Im wondering if they can pull off what viva did for hwy 7 and stage the opening of the line. Since the west portion to Allen is done, can they not concurrently start construction of the stations there?

Im wondering if they can pull off what viva did for hwy 7 and stage the opening of the line. Since the west portion to Allen is done, can they not concurrently start construction of the stations there?
Yup that would great. If I were the Liberals with all the new scandals, I would want that line or part of the line to the Allen to be opening up just in try when the next election is due which is 2018

That is what was going to happen, when the line was originally funded, the section from Kipling to the Allen was going to open up next year, things were then pushed back and cancelled to save money.

Back