UrbanToronto is seeking an Assistant Editor to join our team. If you are a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want to talk to you!
As Assistant Editor, you will work closely with the Managing Editor and participate in all stages of the publication processes at UrbanToronto.
- Source, research and write daily articles
- Choose support materials, like images and illustrations
- Ensure accuracy and quality of editorial
- Manage, edit and publish written work
- Work under daily and weekly deadlines
- Liaise with clients and industry members
- Work with team members such as freelance writers, photographers, writers
- Produce custom content when required
- Compile and deploy weekly newsletter
- Education in Communications, News Reporting or related field
- Background in Real Estate, Planning, Architecture or related field is a big plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to handle daily deadlines and tight timelines
- Experience with web editing tools and software, Photoshop, Mailchimp, basic HTML
- Photo editing experience a bonus
- Knowledge of Toronto development, real estate, and architecture
- Creative, energetic and an entrepreneurial spirit is a must!
Interested applicants should send the following information to online [at] urbantoronto [dot] ca using the subject “Assistant Editor Job” in the subject:
- Three samples of previously published articles