Last November brought the big news that Reserve Properties and Westdale Properties had enlisted international Grammy award-winning multi-disciplinary artist Pharrell Williams to co-design their new project near Yonge and Eglinton, Untitled Toronto, alongside architects IBI Group and interior designers U31. Roughly six months later, the project is advancing through the planning and approvals process with a revised Site Plan Approval (SPA) application submitted to the City this week.
The project will bring three towers to the northeast corner of Broadway and Redpath Avenues in Midtown: 21 and 33-storey condo towers, and a 36-storey purpose-built residential rental building. The condo and rental elements were initially processed under two separate zoning applications, and were approved at the LPAT in August, 2019. That approval was followed by a SPA application to the City filed on October 31, 2019 which drew comments from City staff, and those have been addressed in the resubmission.
A total of 173 comments were provided by various City departments, ironing out details for a range of site elements with revisions and clarifications. Some visual changes have been implemented, such as a reduction in the amount of exterior glazing, with more than 42% of the condo buildings now planned with solid finishes and the remaining 58% being glazed. The rental building is now planned with 54% glazing. Other revisions include changes to exterior landscaping, the addition of a decorative architectural screen around outdoor amenity areas, changes relating to site servicing, unit mix, and other internal elements.
The 21 and 33-storey condominium buildings at 110-120 Broadway and the shared four-to-eight-storey podium they will sprout from will contain a total of 751 units, increasing by just 1 from the previous submission. They are now proposed in a mix of 118 studios, 418 one-bedrooms, 141 two-bedrooms, and 74 three-bedroom units. The building will also have 606 m² of office space in the podium.
The rental tower at 100 Broadway is planned with 412 rental units—a reduction of one unit from the previous submission—now proposed in a mix of 85 studios, 107 one-bedrooms, 188 two-bedrooms, and 32 three-bedroom units, plus 100 m² of at-grade retail space.
The updated plan also includes details about a proposed public space located immediately south of the 100 Broadway Avenue building on the northeast corner of Broadway and Redpath avenues. The space includes a 746 m² to be conveyed to the City as parkland, edged on the northland east by privately-owned public space (POPS) that would extend the public space's footprint.
Concept plans for this space by NAK Design Strategies show a mix of granite paving and seating, sculptural seatwalls made of timber slats, a water play area, plantings, bike racks, sculptural features, and privacy screens with plantings in the space between the screens and townhomes.
The three towers will share a two-level underground garage with 326 vehicular parking spaces and 1,154 bicycle spaces.
You can learn more from our Database file for the project, linked below. If you'd like to, you can join in on the conversation in the associated Project Forum thread, or leave a comment in the space provided on this page.
* * *
UrbanToronto has a new way you can track projects through the planning process on a daily basis. Sign up for a free trial of our New Development Insider here.