The Ontario Homebuilder’s Association has released its list of finalists in their annual Awards of Distinction, recognizing the achievements of developers, architects, designers, publicists and contractors over the past year. The association dates back to 1962, formed in order to create a body through which homebuilders could push for provincial policy change, establish industry standards and provide the opportunity for networking within the field.
As we’ve seen in past years, a select few projects within Toronto and the GTA receive a substantial amount of nominations, ranging from design and floorplans, to ad campaigns and sales centres. This year’s list is dominated by Lindvest Properties Inc., recognized for their successful B.Streets Condos currently under construction at Bathurst and Bloor. Lindvest is nominated in six categories for the standout development, including Project of the Year.
A number of architects and designers have been credited within the Architectural Design and Sales Presentation categories; Graziani + Corazza and Hariri Pontarini are both nominated for three awards, while design duo Cecconi Simone are nominated for a whopping eight.
We’ve included a selection of the categories and finalists below — for the complete list, head over to the OHBA website. The awards will be held on September 24 at the Blue Mountain Conference Centre in Collingwood.
Most Outstanding Mid-Rise Building
- Lindvest Properties Ltd. for B.Streets Condos — Hariri Pontarini Architects, Cecconi Simone Inc, L.A. Inc
- The Minto Group for WaterGarden — Page + Steele/IBI Group Architects
- Queenscorp Group for Watermark
Most Outstanding High-Rise Building
- Aspen Ridge Homes for Studio on Richmond — Quadrangle Architects Inc.
- Empire Communities for Rain Condos — Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc.
- Monarch Corporation and the Goldman Group for Picasso on Richmond — Kelly Cray, Union 31 Inc.
Most Outstanding High or Mid-Rise Condo Suite (800 sq.ft. and Over)
- CentreCourt Developments Inc. and Lifetime Developments for INDX Condos - INDX 1030 — Page + Steele/IBI Group Architects, Cecconi Simone Inc.
- CentreCourt Developments Inc. and Lifetime Developments for Karma Condos - K819 — Cecconi Simone Inc.
- SigNature Communities for Tao Boutique Condos on Bayview - Sunset — Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc.
Best High or Mid-Rise Ad Campaign
- Lindvest Properties Ltd. for B.Streets Condos — L.A. Inc.
- Menkes Developments for Noir — The Brand Factory
- Monarch Corporation and The Goldman Group for Picasso on Richmond — The Brand Factory
Best New Home Sales Office (1500 sq.ft. and Over)
- Empire Communities for Rain Condos — Montana Steele Strategic Advertising, Bryon Patton & Associates
- Lindvest Properties Ltd. for B.Streets Condos — Cecconi Simoni Inc., L.A. Inc.
- Tridel for Argento — Margit Hefele, Marlene Markowka Serge Strelkov, Hefele Markowka Design Associates
Project of the Year – High or Mid Rise
- Lindvest Properties Ltd. for B.Streets Condos — Hariri Pontarini Architects, Cecconi Simone Inc., L.A. Inc., The Communications Group
- Monarch Corporation and The Goldman Group for Picasso on Richmond — Kelly Cray, Union 31 Inc., The Brand Factory, The Communications Group
- SigNature Communities for Tao Boutique Condos on Bayview — Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc., Decorenza, Blackjet Inc.
Ontario Home Builder of the Year
- The Minto Group
- Monarch Corporation
- Reid's Heritage Group