News   Apr 23, 2024
 170     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 910     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 294     0 

Zip & Vibe at Liberty Village (Monarch, 2x 24s, G+C) COMPLETE

What is the definition of a wide suite?

If you go into the older buildings, you will notice that the width of the unit faced with windows (~ 30ft) is wider than the depth (~20 ft).

Most newer buildings are the other way around, and have units that are narrower (~ 15-20 ft) and much deeper (ie. 25-35 ft) so not as much natural light gets in.

with newer suites ... try more like 10 feet wide by 20 feet deep

not really sure where I should post this so I'll put it here and a couple other places... the view from Zip in Liberty Village:

2869293459_987e0d7706_o.jpg

Okay Redroom, this is possibly the most beautiful photo ever of the core at moonrise, but in future please choose one place to post. Forum rules and all. Anyway, I'm not taking it down this time only because it's the best freakin' photo ever.

best picture ever

thankyou interchange for not taking this picture else where, I would of missed it. I have just one thing to say and thats WOW what an amazing picture.

I don't care what anyone says about the project, that is a great view, and thats what matters to the owners!!

I think all 3 of these buildings are great value, and it's a building i'm proud to live in! the whole king west area is the best place to live in the city!

Liberty village rocks, we have EVERYTHING! I feel bad for the people that didn't buy into Battery Park, Zip, or Vibe!

you know, I am baffled reading back through this thread by all the neagtive comments about LV. This photo shoot was my first trip into the area since the early 90's when it was all old factories and loft type buildings, many falling into disrepair. I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw at ground level as well as the view of course. Very nice mix of buildings, great density and a nice center for the community in that Dominion plaza. I didnt see a lot of "yuppies" as someone was complaining about, just your average quirky Torontonians enjoying where they live. And keep in mind the area is still in progress... lots still to be done. I think Strachan Ave needs to be upgraded to a more significant road and it looks like some work is in progress. It was quite weird looking from above - the signalled rail crossing on Strachan (Milton GO line?) if taken out of context looked just like a rural rail crossing.

Anyways, a big thumbs up for Liberty Village from me... should be looking amazing when complete.

I didnt see a lot of "yuppies" as someone was complaining about, just your average quirky Torontonians enjoying where they live.

These days, I think the set derogatory notion of "yuppies" and "average quirky Torontonians" have melded into each other, at least relative to ye olde days when ye Thirtysomething cast members and ye Black Flag gig attendees were deemed to be polar opposite.

Besides, the true heirs to the latter'd probably favour the Price Chopper behind the Gladstone...

not me! I live in battery park, which is part of the same development. So i'm interest in what people say.

so far it's mostly good! and everyone agrees LV/kingwest is one of the best neighborhoods.

These days, I think the set derogatory notion of "yuppies" and "average quirky Torontonians" have melded into each other, at least relative to ye olde days when ye Thirtysomething cast members and ye Black Flag gig attendees were deemed to be polar opposite.

Besides, the true heirs to the latter'd probably favour the Price Chopper behind the Gladstone...

true enough, fun observations....

but I was mostly directing my comments at urbandreamer who I happen to have met in real life. he was the one with the hostility towards "yuppies" in the nabe. UD is quite a funky looking dude in his early 30's and basically what I saw was people who dressed and appeared very similar to him. I dont recall seeing any suits walking around or in the Irish pub we grabbed a snack at either... as you say though the definition of yuppy may differ from one person to the next, or indeed that breed may no longer exist at all.

Back