Vaughan Yukon Striker at Canada's Wonderland | 67.97m | ?s | Cedar Fair

Paramount really messed up what TAFT created. They just wanted to plug in any movie they could without contemplating where they were relative to the park. Also giving us only cloned coasters didn't help either.
Before Backlot Cafe was here, it was a beautiful ancient Chinese building which they just shredded anything unique about it.
The only thing I appreciated about Paramount would be giving us a lot of unique flat rides.
Cedar Fair is the true successor of Taft.

I couldn't fathom Six Flags managing the park from What it was and turning it into what it is now. We are one great coaster and a hotel away from hitting way above our belt versus Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg & Magic Mountain.

I couldn't fathom Six Flags managing the park from What it was and turning it into what it is now. We are one great coaster and a hotel away from hitting way above our belt versus Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg & Magic Mountain.

Well good news is that CW is one of the parks that Cedar Fair will be investing in heavily going forward. I believe the hotel addition will debut for next season. I'd say Wonderland currently is a solid B+ park when you compare to other parks in North America. The park has a very solid Top 3 lineup of coasters (1.Leviathan 2.Behemoth 3.Yukon Striker) and the best lineup of flat rides in any North American park. If they continue with improving the theming throughout and continue with the big ticket ride additions this park will be elite within the next 10-15 years.

From what I heard through Amusement Insiders, Yukon Striker was designed and purchased from B&M in 2015. It was supposed to debut for the 2016 season but was put on hold last minute and Cedar Point got the Dive Coaster instead. With that being said, another major coaster purchase could be coming to Wonderland sooner rather than later. Usually there is a 4-5 year gap in between major purchases.

I'm starting to jump onto the RMC Hybrid Wooden coaster conversion bandwagon as our parks next major investment. I could see this either in 2021/2022. It's significantly cheaper than buying a B&M designed roller coaster and will turn one of our shitty wooden coasters into something great and enjoyable.

On the flip side, I'd be so happy if they demolished Flight Deck and Time Warp instead and installed a new ride there. I really hate those two rides with a passion. Two shitty rides are taking up prime real estate right near the park entrance. Can you imagine a spanking new B&M Launched Wing Coaster there instead!!!!!

I'm starting to jump onto the RMC Hybrid Wooden coaster conversion bandwagon as our parks next major investment. I could see this either in 2021/2022. It's significantly cheaper than buying a B&M designed roller coaster and will turn one of our shitty wooden coasters into something great and enjoyable.

On the flip side, I'd be so happy if they demolished Flight Deck and Time Warp instead and installed a new ride there. I really hate those two rides with a passion. Two shitty rides are taking up prime real estate right near the park entrance. Can you imagine a spanking new B&M Launched Wing Coaster there instead!!!!!

I'm with you on both of these! I'm wondering which one they will do first, if they do both. Probably an RMC, but of which coaster? I think Wild Beast absolutely needs it more and they could take out the go kart track to free up more space for a longer ride.

I'm with you on both of these! I'm wondering which one they will do first, if they do both. Probably an RMC, but of which coaster? I think Wild Beast absolutely needs it more and they could take out the go kart track to free up more space for a longer ride.

Yes Wilde Beast makes the most sense. It's the worst of out of the two woodies CW has. Plus, it has a better potential with its layout for RMC to work with compared to the out and back layout of Minebuster. Let's not forget that Splash Works is in the way. Yes you are right, Speedcity Raceway will be removed in the near future. Cedar Fair has been removing Go Cart tracks out of all their parks recently.

Watch this video, this is what they could possibly turn Wilde Beast into on that plot of land.

Follow-up visit, a little sunnier this time:

Yukon Striker by Marcanadian, on Flickr