Vaughan Yukon Striker at Canada's Wonderland | 67.97m | ?s | Cedar Fair

There's still a lot of landscaping to be done, the pathway linking the kids section with Splash Works hasn't opened yet, and the trench looks like it might become a second tunnel, so I'm holding out hope that the underwater tunnel will be a little more dramatic in the near future.

IMG_20190517_191120.jpg

The new coasters are great, but I also hope they can develop a long-term plan for theming at Wonderland as well.

The area around International Street and Wonder Mountain is still great, but other areas have gotten progressively blander over time through piecemeal replacement and de-licensing.

This year on topof Frontier Canada they replaced the original Medieval Faire section back to their original names as well as cut Action Zone in half to slowly become Exposition 1896 again. I'm going to assume that over the next couple of years you will see a new theme/replacement of Drop Tower, Clif Hanger, Flight Deck, Time Warp and perhaps Riptide. Also the park has stated that Frontier Canada is just getting started now. The water park is also getting more themed to Muskoka.

That's good to hear, I feel that the Frontier/Muskoka theme is a good one as it seems comparatively less expensive to implement relative to the impact.

Also great to hear about the Exposition zone being rethemed/restored, I remember that I found it one of the most disjointed and least attractive parts of the park.

Paramount really messed up what TAFT created. They just wanted to plug in any movie they could without contemplating where they were relative to the park. Also giving us only cloned coasters didn't help either.
Before Backlot Cafe was here, it was a beautiful ancient Chinese building which they just shredded anything unique about it.
The only thing I appreciated about Paramount would be giving us a lot of unique flat rides.

Back