Vaughan Yukon Striker at Canada's Wonderland | 67.97m | ?s | Cedar Fair

It's probably one of those later in the season additions. I would imagine getting the station as well as florals, trees and all the new shops up and running for opening day.

At least I hope...

All they need now is to build a giant 3D head of a T-Rex instead of that hole in the water and it would simulate being eaten by a dinosaur.

Yukon Striker made the news on Good Morning America! Typical American broadcast. Opens in "Ontario" They always fail to mention the names of Canadian cities,

At least they recognized Ontario and didn't say just 'Canada'.

Rode YS yesterday and it was awesome. Those few seconds suspended at the top just before dropping stops your heart for a few seconds. That's the best part IMO. Loved the ride, but overall I prefer Leviathan and Behemoth over YS (though it's kinda a 1a, 1b, 1c ranking).

I got in line around 10:50 and waited about 1:20 yesterday (10 extra min. for the front row). Line looked shorter when I walked by again at about 3:30. In comparison, 15-20 min. wait for Behemoth and Leviathan.

Managed to get six rides in yesterday in the single riders line, what a godsend that thing is. I think Behemoth is a solid third, can't decide between YS and Leviathan for the number one spot.

This is one photogenic coaster. Love how it interacts with the park, and the theming is on point. I was always disappointed Behemoth didn't have any theming, and Leviathan's leaves a lot to be desired too. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Canada's Wonderland by Marcanadian, on Flickr

Yukon Striker by Marcanadian, on Flickr

Last edited:
Marc, is the tunnel just a concrete box still? Unpainted even? That should have something more going for it than that.

I suspect they'll add some sort of fog effect in the future to mask the concrete, but I don't expect anything else.

Back