Vaughan Yukon Striker at Canada's Wonderland | 67.97m | ?s | Cedar Fair

It will be interesting to see what those vehicles and trailer are doing by Minebuster and Brendan does mention the possibility of a waterfall in the area as well.
Maybe 2 coasters in 2-3 years?
That hill beside the wave pool was made for some reason...

It will be interesting to see what those vehicles and trailer are doing by Minebuster and Brendan does mention the possibility of a waterfall in the area as well.
Maybe 2 coasters in 2-3 years?
That hill beside the wave pool was made for some reason...

Yup. I'm expecting another coaster soon as it's already been proven that we were supposed to get Yukon Striker 2-3 seasons ago. It was postponed because Cedar Fair decided that Cedar Point needed a new coaster sooner due to stagnant park attendance numbers.

I can see them going a couple different ways.

One would be to demo Flight Deck and Time Warp which would free up space plus go into/around the amphitheatre over there. You could put in a decent invert or Flier or potentially a T-Rex.

Another route would be to RMC Minebuester which would be cheaper than building one from the ground up and make for an interesting one two three punch with Behemoth and Yukon Stryker being close in distance.

The third option I have been thinking would be to take out Minebuster and putting in a GCI along the eastern part of the current landscape while going on the newly built hill and potentially Backlots space.

If the third one does happen, you just opened up a lot of space on the western portion for a water park expansion which could be large enough for a decent out and back water coaster in the coming years and bringing back up the count to 17 coasters and diversifying their lineup with world class attractions.

Looks like they took out a fair amount of trees for this coaster. I hope they plant new ones around that space to make it more forest again. Preferably coniferous trees that you don't have to worry about no leaves during certain portions of the year.

Yukon Striker looks phenomenal and I love the way it interacts with its surroundings in the park. I love that helix over the walkway and that vertical loop(the only Dive coaster with a vertical loop) to pay homage to Skyrider.

With the coaster track about all installed. A new construction company will be coming in to start construction on the new Frontier Canada section of the park. This is the reason why the coaster was built super fast.

As for future plans, there is rumours of the park getting an RMC of Minebuster for 2020. There's a lot of activity going on around it. If this is our new addition, I won't complain. RMC Hybird coasters are beloved by coaster community and are cheaper to build compared to a B&M. However, they don't really help increase park attendance.

All of Wonderland's recent big coasters additions have all been B&M's and I hope that doesn't change anytime soon. I personally think they have the best coasters on the market.

The next addition I'd like to see is that piece of garbage Flight Deck removed as well as Time Warp and a record breaking B&M Invert constructed on that parcel of land.

In order of my preference.
1.B&M Invert Coaster
2.B&M Launched Wing or Flying Coaster
3.RMC Minebuster

Agreed with all of the above, although I'd prefer an RMC of Wild Beast with Speed City Raceway taken out for the extra space. That's an upsell attraction though so it likely won't be going away anytime soon.

Cedar Fair in recent years have been taking out their go karts, so it is a possibility. Plus they added in sling shot a couple year back for their pay per attraction roster.

One thing though is that they've been spending a lot more time repairing and retracking Wilde Beast than Minebuster in the passed 5 years so that might tell you something.

CF has also been taking out their boomerangs quite a bit too... but I would argue it isn't in our top 3 worst coasters and the gp love it, so I think it will stay for now.

I love B&M coasters as much as the next person but I'd like them to change it up for the next one after an RMC'd Minebuster. The new coaster they're installing at Carowinds looks incredible and might I say - even more thrilling than Yukon Striker.

I'd love to see them take Flight Deck & Time Warp out and put this in because both of those coasters are terrible!

I appreciate everyone's ideas for new coasters and rides but could I ask that we stop focusing on taking stuff out to make room?

Wonderland has one thing in abundance......parking.

If they would simply deck the parking, even to 3 levels, they could modestly increase their space count but drop the area occupied by parking by 1/2.

That would free up about 15ha or 40 acres for new rides/attractions; enough area that they can add without subtracting!

While I agree that we can focus on the parking lot as I have said before, I find that we spend too much money on maitenance and upkeep for older rides that serve no purpose. On top of that amusement parks tend to not have two of the same coaster, so by those standards we wouldn't receive a flier or an invert.

Also look at Flight Decks queue line, that's never full, that's a lot of space alone being wasted on nothing but nice props from an 80's bromance "action film."

The quicker we get rid of the bad rides, the better our park looks overall.

While I agree that we can focus on the parking lot as I have said before, I find that we spend too much money on maitenance and upkeep for older rides that serve no purpose. On top of that amusement parks tend to not have two of the same coaster, so by those standards we wouldn't receive a flier or an invert.

Also look at Flight Decks queue line, that's never full, that's a lot of space alone being wasted on nothing but nice props from an 80's bromance "action film."

The quicker we get rid of the bad rides, the better our park looks overall.

Flight Deck is painful and dangerous to ride. I know someone who got a bad neck injury form that ride. My back hurt for weeks after riding it. I have been on 100s of rides and roller coasters and never experienced pain from a ride like that.

Flight Deck is old and needs a new track, but i would rather seem them get rid of it for good and put something new in its place.

My experience of Flight Deck is that it's incredible. The force that you experience just makes me think, "wow, what a ride!" I like it more than Behemoth and perhaps even as much as Leviathan. But if it's causing injuries, then that's unacceptable.

Back