Markham York U Markham Student Residence | ?m | 32s | Rockport Group

StealthyArrow

Member Bio
Reaction score
Rockport (Unionville) Inc. Applications for Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments to permit a 32-storey student residence located north of Enterprise Boulevard and on the west side of Bill Crothers Drive, Markham Centre
So the plan here is instead of creating another retirement building for phase 3, Rockport wants to create a student residence for York University Markham Centre just west of phase 1, where phase 3 would have been.

The applicant proposes:
a) 32-storey building height comprised of a seven-story podium and a 25-storey tower above
b) 264 student suites consisting of one, two, three, and four bedroom unit mixes
c) gross floor area (“GFA”) of approximately 24,460 m2 (263,294 ft2 ), which includes 7,012 m2 (75,479 ft2 ) of university programming space (including but not limited to business offices, medical offices and food services) and 17,450 m2 of student residence uses
d) 50 vehicular parking spaces in two levels of above-ground parking accommodated on Floors 2 and 3 e) vehicular access to the above-grade parking levels provided via a series of internal ramps accessed from Bill Crothers Drive
f) 520 bicycle parking spaces located below grade and on the ground floor
https://pub-markham.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=38370
RockportGroup.png
Rockport Group.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Glad to be able to contribute to these threads and UrbanToronto! One question, though. In the future, if I wanted to be able to create a new thread for a new proposal/development, would I just simply not be able to until I post more and get the access to do so?

Thank you! Glad to be able to contribute to these threads and Urban Toronto! One question, though. In the future, if I wanted to be able to create a new thread for a new proposal/development, would I just simply not be able to until I post more and get the access to do so?
The software will allow you to create a new thread as of 20 posts!

Back