News   Sep 26, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Sep 26, 2024
 667     0 

York Street

mrgrieves

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed that on York Street between Wellington and Front (where the Fairmont is and the Porter shuttle stops), a lane of traffic has been removed through the placement of planter boxes. Is this permanent? I never see pedestrians use this space since it's not clear what the use is...but I'm hopeful its a pilot project that will show that many streets downtown have too many lanes of traffic and can be reduced

I noticed that on York Street between Wellington and Front (where the Fairmont is and the Porter shuttle stops), a lane of traffic has been removed through the placement of planter boxes. Is this permanent? I never see pedestrians use this space since it's not clear what the use is...but I'm hopeful its a pilot project that will show that many streets downtown have too many lanes of traffic and can be reduced
been like that for a while.....since you have not seen it used I am guessing you have not been observing during the morning and evening rush when GO commuters fill every available space on their way to Union ;)

I must have been walking by it at the wrong times! There is also usually a homeless person at the corner of Wellington and York taking up most of the sidewalk...

There are many opportunities downtown to reduce car lanes

Back