News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 291     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 819     0 

YRT/Viva Construction Thread (Rapidways, Terminals)

If so, I'd then expect purple to funnel riders to Yonge once the subway extension is finished but otherwise drastic increases in service on the north/south routes to feed the various stations along Sheppard would be needed. Highway 7 will always be the spine of York Region, especially once it has two subway stops, so I would still see there being plenty of demand for purple in the long run.
Inb4 Highway 7 gets 4 subway stations in 100 years (Jane, Yonge, Leslie/Woodbine, McCowan).

I wonder if we'll see any service improvements when the Cornell terminal opens?

I actually expect slight service decreases. Longer routes + same number of buses on route = decreases ("adjustments" in YRT parlance) in frequency.

This is pretty impressive:
milestone on Highway 7 West >> concrete deck pour for the bridge expansion
Hwy400BridgeSept4_2018_600w.jpg

Cornell Terminal construction update - October 29, 2018
IMG_9685.jpg

Looking southwest from Cornell Community Centre parking garage:

IMG_9604.jpg

IMG_9602.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9685.jpg
    IMG_9685.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_9604.jpg
    IMG_9604.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 560
  • IMG_9602.jpg
    IMG_9602.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 531
^how would this terminal help? better frequency?
Well, it creates a unified terminus for all YRT routes in the east end to potentially transfer with GO and DRT. It also allows for new routes to be created. As for frequencies, I think we all know that YRT’s frequencies are terrible for most routes, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for higher frequencies as a result of a new terminal.

Well, it creates a unified terminus for all YRT routes in the east end to potentially transfer with GO and DRT. It also allows for new routes to be created. As for frequencies, I think we all know that YRT’s frequencies are terrible for most routes, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for higher frequencies as a result of a new terminal.
I don't quite understand the transfer with GO. It is not close to any GO Train stations?

I don't quite understand the transfer with GO. It is not close to any GO Train stations?

Go buses.

You know, if there were a GO station that was in the east area that was also accessible to VIVA and the other YRT buses, that would make a better terminal.... You know, they could have done this at Centennial GO or Markham GO would be better.

I'd love to hear what you would say if you lived in one such to be expropriated single family house. God, the shit you hear on this forum.

Back