News   Apr 26, 2024
 330     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 187     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 643     0 

YRT/Viva Construction Thread (Rapidways, Terminals)

An official reply:
B1DC7CB1-E569-48F3-BEB6-2FC716BD65E2.jpeg

Attachments

• B1DC7CB1-E569-48F3-BEB6-2FC716BD65E2.jpeg
    B1DC7CB1-E569-48F3-BEB6-2FC716BD65E2.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 820
I wonder if we'll see any service improvements when the Cornell terminal opens? Will VIVA pink finally be extended east? I'm struggling to think of how many buses will actually use the terminal on day 1? VIVA purple and routes 1, 16, 18, 25 and express 303? I wonder what GO buses would use this, the 407 east? It would be great if the 303 was replaced by GO with more regular bus service to Finch or York Mills GO stations.

Rush hour traffic east of Kennedy is also getting much worse, which makes me wonder when the region will want to move ahead with rapidways in east Markham?

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll see any service improvements when the Cornell terminal opens? Will VIVA pink finally be extended east? I'm struggling to think of how many buses will actually use the terminal on day 1? VIVA purple and routes 1, 16, 18, 25 and express 303? I wonder what GO buses would use this, the 407 east? It would be great if the 303 was replaced by GO with more regular bus service to Finch or York Mills GO stations.

Rush hour traffic east of Kennedy is also getting much worse, which makes me wonder when the region will want to move ahead with rapidways in east Markham?
I'm wondering what happens to Viva once sheppard is built eastward.

I think Viva Pink will be unnecessary when the Yonge Subway Extension eventually gets built. There’s also the plan for a route from Cornell to University of Toronto Scarborough. It would make a lot of sense for a few GO routes (52) and a DRT route (much further off) to serve Cornell, as it is designed for that.

I think Viva Pink will be unnecessary when the Yonge Subway Extension eventually gets built. There’s also the plan for a route from Cornell to University of Toronto Scarborough. It would make a lot of sense for a few GO routes (52) and a DRT route (much further off) to serve Cornell, as it is designed for that.

Viva Pink could be unnecessary now if Viva Purple was extended to Finch (effectively merging the two routes). Would also provide more service on Yonge south of RHC to help build up ridership in anticipation of a subway extension.

(P.S. yrt.ca is back up for me as of this morning after being down all day Tuesday and Wednesday. Might be just me since I haven't seen any twitter complaints, but if not that's not good...even Presto schedules their outages on a weekend and don't take their entire site down.)

I'm wondering what happens to Viva once sheppard is built eastward.

I can't see an LRT on Sheppard having much impact on VIVA at all. If the Scarborough subway went back to the plan where it would be extended to McCowan and Sheppard, then I could see YRT routes being diverted to that station.

Viva Pink could be unnecessary now if Viva Purple was extended to Finch (effectively merging the two routes). Would also provide more service on Yongesouth of RHC to help build up ridership in anticipation of a subway extension.

Fully agree!

I can't see an LRT on Sheppard having much impact on VIVA at all. If the Scarborough subway went back to the plan where it would be extended to McCowan and Sheppard, then I could see YRT routes being diverted to that station.

Fully agree!
What would the route be though? Aussuming Viva Green still goes to Don Mills Station, would a new colour’d route be need to go to “McCowan-Sheppard Station” or would it be (another) branch of Viva Purple (from Markville)?

Last edited:
What would the route be though? Aussuming Viva Green still goes to Don Mills Station, would a new colour’d route be need to go to “McCowan-Sheppard Station” or would it be (another) branch of Viva Purple (from Markville)?

Something new? If a McCowan/Sheppard station was built, I think this would be the primary destination for east Markham, even if the Yonge Line is also extended to Highway 7 given it would be so much closer.

Something new? If a McCowan/Sheppard station was built, I think this would be the primary destination for east Markham, even if the Yonge Line is also extended to Highway 7 given it would be so much closer.
Viva Red? Blue, Purple, Orange, Pink, Green, Yellow, and Silver are taken.

I think sheppard is going to be a subway.

If so, I'd then expect purple to funnel riders to Yonge once the subway extension is finished but otherwise drastic increases in service on the north/south routes to feed the various stations along Sheppard would be needed. Highway 7 will always be the spine of York Region, especially once it has two subway stops, so I would still see there being plenty of demand for purple in the long run.

Back