Toronto Yonge & Rich Condominiums | 156.35m | 46s | Great Gulf | a—A

Quick cell snap on my bike ride through downtown today.

IMG_20201028_150055.jpg

It's not a great project by any means, the balcony design may seem interesting, but it doesnt help this building much in design terms. It's still a hulking mass of a tower, with an inexcusably poorly done podium.

It's not a great project by any means, the balcony design may seem interesting, but it doesnt help this building much in design terms. It's still a hulking mass of a tower, with an inexcusably poorly done podium.

It would be worse if they hadn't broken up the balcony design. It may be a little busy but it at least provides some visual interest. I'll take that over typical glass balconies 7 days a week.

Are ya'll ^^ forgetting the podium??

If It were an attractive podium I would have bumped it up to a B. The podium has the right proportions so it can be re-worked. Most of Toronto's projects aren't built right the first time around so I look to see if a new build has potential to be attractive 30-40 years down the road when they get re-clad, re-worked, renovated, etc. The podium is the usual pedestrian stuff Toronto builds but it's very fixable.

If It were an attractive podium I would have bumped it up to a B. The podium has the right proportions so it can be re-worked. Most of Toronto's projects aren't built right the first time around so I look to see if a new build has potential to be attractive 30-40 years down the road when they get re-clad, re-worked, renovated, etc. The podium is the usual pedestrian stuff Toronto builds but it's very fixable.
Stop it now you are giving me the giggles. Great Gulf missed the mark on recent podiums builds i.e Monde, One Bloor. Now this, how would they tackle Mirvish+Gehry?

Back