A development :

RIMG0476.JPG

RIMG0478.JPG

RIMG0479.JPG

RIMG0480.JPG

RIMG0484.JPG

RIMG0487.JPG

RIMG0488.JPG

The website says sales are starting this fall for the second tower.

There was an ad in the METRO paper today advertising sales to begin soon for the second tower.

It still makes me laugh to think that people tried to stop this project on the basis that it was too tall when there are plenty of highrises all around the neighborhood.

yes the uproar was, franky, absurd. But people have ingrained ideas about towers, rooted in the disasters of the sixties and seventies.

Is the Minto tower they are building now the tallest one or the smaller one?

Yeah. I'm a bit picky about where condo towers should go (like not in the middle of a historic distillery district, or in a low rise university neighbourhood), but Minto was a good plan - good looking towers, next to a subway line, in an area where it is suited to its surroundings.

I think the shorter tower is being built first.

I have always liked those miniature Toronto-style light standards in the devil-strip between the subway tracks. I hope the TTC never gets rid of them.

Good Yonge/Eglinton shots-the TTC has let the subway tracks become somewhat weedgrown-you would have never seen that back in the 80s or before! LI MIKE

There are way too many ugly condos being put up in Toronto in the past 5 years.

All the condos shown in those pictures are old and the one which is about to be built is one of the more promising condo developments.

Back